Down by the Riverside 2020

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm

westoelad wrote:Not long now then. Warm up v Yorkies next Monday/ Tuesday. 90 overs each, I assume.
Probable team?
Lees
Dickson
Steel.C
Bedingham
Burnham
Trevaskis
Eckersley*
Raine
Coughlin P
Potts/Salisbury
Rushworth.

Assuming Behardien isn't available.

Looks like a good shout. Be great to get things underway again. Let's hope the current weather is just a blip.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 pm

They're streaming the match- posting a link to members on the morning of day 1.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby westoelad » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 pm

captaincolly wrote:They're streaming the match- posting a link to members on the morning of day 1.

They being Yorkshire? -hopefully the hospitality will be extended to Durham members by DCCC website.
westoelad
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:37 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:They're streaming the match- posting a link to members on the morning of day 1.

They being Yorkshire? -hopefully the hospitality will be extended to Durham members by DCCC website.

I think so. The twitter feed had a message saying a link will be provided by the club.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby westoelad » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Encouraging-at least the club now appears to have a financial plan and direction.
https://www.durhamcricket.co.uk/news-an ... -released/
westoelad
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby Durhamfootman » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:01 pm

donation programme?

If they want to retain as much money as possible from 2020, just carry the membership over to next season. If we do get a Vitality dribble competition this year, then just price next year's membership at the T20 season ticket rate for those people who had membership this year. That way they could keep pretty much all of the money from this year.
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 45113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:donation programme?

If they want to retain as much money as possible from 2020, just carry the membership over to next season. If we do get a Vitality dribble competition this year, then just price next year's membership at the T20 season ticket rate for those people who had membership this year. That way they could keep pretty much all of the money from this year.

Sounds a good idea.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby westoelad » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 pm

We have a Friend Nick who's predicting great things.
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/bob ... ction.html
westoelad
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 pm

westoelad wrote:We have a Friend Nick who's predicting great things.
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/bob ... ction.html

Excellent. Let's hope he is right!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby westoelad » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:12 pm

captaincolly wrote:
westoelad wrote:We have a Friend Nick who's predicting great things.
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/bob ... ction.html

Excellent. Let's hope he is right!

Sound logic in article.
Two things in our favour.
Both Yorkies and Lancs weakened during Bob Willis trophy because of England calls, as are Durham of course.
Riverside remains a result wicket but things are evened out now the no toss rule has been shelved.
westoelad
 
Posts: 6901
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:55 pm

It'll be interesting to see what sort of scores are posted at the Riverside. It's low scoring when batsmen have had a full preseason, this year they will be under prepared. I don't think those new rules limiting the length of the first innings will concern us!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby Durhamfootman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:44 pm

captaincolly wrote: I don't think those new rules limiting the length of the first innings will concern us!

you see, I imagined that limiting our batsmen to a paltry 120 overs (or whatever it is) would be of real concern to us :coat
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 45113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Durhamfootman wrote:
captaincolly wrote: I don't think those new rules limiting the length of the first innings will concern us!

you see, I imagined that limiting our batsmen to a paltry 120 overs (or whatever it is) would be of real concern to us :coat

:lmao
Might have to settle for 450 in the first innings.
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby Durhamfootman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 pm

:laugh

wouldn't that be nice?
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman
 
Posts: 45113
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Chester-le-Street
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Re: Down by the Riverside 2020

Postby captaincolly » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Going by the tone of the PM's lunchtime press conference, my hopes for a swift return to the Riverside have declined.
If Professor Whitty is involved we will probably be back in 2022!
captaincolly
 
Posts: 29054
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron