County Championship discussion thread 2015

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: County Championship discussion thread 2015

Postby andy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:01 pm

we wont top div2 unfortunately :( Grayson is putting an emphasis on youth in the CC,and the club have already said they are priotising the 20 20 stuff this year :(
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:45 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:we wont top div2 unfortunately :( Grayson is putting an emphasis on youth in the CC,and the club have already said they are priotising the 20 20 stuff this year :(

I think Lancs will get promotion. Not convinced about Surrey even if KP and Sanga score loads of runs.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby westoelad » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:36 pm

captaincolly wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:we wont top div2 unfortunately :( Grayson is putting an emphasis on youth in the CC,and the club have already said they are priotising the 20 20 stuff this year :(

I think Lancs will get promotion. Not convinced about Surrey even if KP and Sanga score loads of runs.

It'll be a very hollow triumph if they do so on the backs of Kolpaks and mercenaries. What message are they sending to their youth with such a policy?
westoelad

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:08 pm

westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

It'll be a very hollow triumph if they do so on the backs of Kolpaks and mercenaries. What message are they sending to their youth with such a policy?

Not entirely convinced that's fair comment to be honest. As I said in my season review, our problem is not producing young players but developing them at first class level which will be the biggest challenge Giles faces. We've awarded three youth players contracts this season, so the message is clear - perform and you'll be given a chance. Sadly we're lacking the seasoned pros who you expect to knock up 1000 runs a season which is why we've needed to bring in players from outside our youth system. Aside from Yorkshire and Durham, which top team is based off their own backs?
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby westoelad » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

Not entirely convinced that's fair comment to be honest. As I said in my season review, our problem is not producing young players but developing them at first class level which will be the biggest challenge Giles faces. We've awarded three youth players contracts this season, so the message is clear - perform and you'll be given a chance. Sadly we're lacking the seasoned pros who you expect to knock up 1000 runs a season which is why we've needed to bring in players from outside our youth system. Aside from Yorkshire and Durham, which top team is based off their own backs?

It's a superfcial comment by one looking in from the outside-you know the Lancs set up far better than me. It's getting the right seasoned pros rather than the mercenariies. Have Ali,White andJarvis been shrewd signings? Will Buck and Pietersen be,even resigning Prince given his age?
westoelad

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 pm

westoelad wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:

It's a superfcial comment by one looking in from the outside-you know the Lancs set up far better than me. It's getting the right seasoned pros rather than the mercenariies. Have Ali,White andJarvis been shrewd signings? Will Buck and Pietersen be,even resigning Prince given his age?

You won't find many a Lancashire fan who'll defend our signings over the last few years, or, who'll express much jubilation over our business in the off season this time round. White and Edwards were very poor signings, Ali and Buck are signing out of hope rather than expectation. Pietersen should do a decent job without setting the world on fire and Prince knocked off over 1000 runs last season.

I'd be delighted to see Reece return to form or Hameed come into the side at the start of the season and score runs for fun.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Is Solanki still with Surrey or did he retire/get released? I don't remember hearing anything so assume he is still there.
captaincolly

Postby Making_Splinters » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:33 pm

captaincolly wrote:Is Solanki still with Surrey or did he retire/get released? I don't remember hearing anything so assume he is still there.

They gave him a new one year contract at the end of last season.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby captaincolly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
captaincolly wrote:Is Solanki still with Surrey or did he retire/get released? I don't remember hearing anything so assume he is still there.

Thanks.
captaincolly

Postby braveneutral » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 pm

captaincolly wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:

Thanks.

I had thought he had retired! Good to see he is still around!
Asia Cup 2012 guru
SA vs Oz 2011 combined guru
SA vs Bangladesh Tests guru
NZ vs WI Tests guru
2014 French Open guru
T20 Blast 2014 guru
India vs WI ODIs 2014 guru
2016 French Open guru
2016 Wimbledon guru
2016 RL50 Cup guru
Premier League Final Placings Prediction League 2016/7 guru
England v SA ODIs 2017 guru
Guru.

D/L wrote:Words fail me for once.

17/04/17 - 'The day that history was made'

20/04/17 - Better than Bolt.
braveneutral

Team(s) Supported: Northants amongst others.

I suppose.

At times.

Postby captaincolly » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:14 am

Bad news for Middlesex, Adam Voges- signed to replace Chris Rogers as captain- has been selected in the Australia squads for the tours to West Indies and England. Seems early to be selecting the Ashes squad (?) but the cricinfo Twitter feed has the news so it must be genuine:

@ESPNcricinfo: Clarke, Smith, Ahmed, Haddin, Hazlewood, Harris, Johnson, Lyon, S Marsh, M Marsh, Nevill, Rogers, Siddle, Starc, Voges, Warner, Watson
captaincolly

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:20 am

Wasn't Siddle at Lancs?
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby captaincolly » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Wasn't Siddle at Lancs?

Yes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31747310
I'd forgotten he had signed for them!
captaincolly

Postby Making_Splinters » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 am

captaincolly wrote:
Arthur Crabtree wrote:Wasn't Siddle at Lancs?

Yes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31747310
I'd forgotten he had signed for them!

Quite a blow to us, hopefully there is still enough time to sign a replacement.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby westoelad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 am

Aussie tour of the W.Indies starts 5th June and most Counties will have played nearly half their CC fixtures by then. Depends whether cricket Australia will allow their players to play over here prior to such a hectic schedule.
westoelad

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket