Lancashire 2014: The red rose blooms once more.

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: Lancashire 2014: The red rose blooms once more.

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 pm

First delivery with the new ball gets Smith. Ends any chance of a chase, probably any chance of hanging on.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Now the collapse comes on. Badly missing Hogg and Chapple in that lower order.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Might have been wise to entitle this thread "Once more unto the breach"!
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby captaincolly » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:31 pm

A real nail-biter to start with, under 50 required now.
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 pm

So, the first game end with a loss. Still 300 put up in a second innings, 100 for Prince. You'd have to feel we have no chance if we can't win the few games we have Jimmy for.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Slipstream » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 pm

At least we have Chapple, Hogg and Buttler back for the next game.

I wonder if it might have been better to play for stumps but when you get so close you have to go for it especially with one batsman on 100.
Slipstream

Postby Making_Splinters » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

When Smith and Prince were at the crease there was a slim chance of chasing the game. While White and Ali can hit a long ball realstically given the match situation at that point play out for the draw should have been the priority. The second new ball had just been taken and there was only 40 minutes of play left, I was a little disappointed by Ali's approach coming out and smacking the first ball he faced given he had batted out an hour in the first innings.

Still there were some positives to take from the game: Smith and Prince look in fine form, Horton showed in the second innings that he is seeing the ball well and Ali bowled some very good spells through the match. With Buttler, Chapple and Hogg to come back, as well as potentially Jarvis there does seem to be a decent side to take the field for the rest of the season. I am a little worried about the batting, and the lack of a replacement for Kat.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Slipstream » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:48 am

Making_Splinters wrote:When Smith and Prince were at the crease there was a slim chance of chasing the game. While White and Ali can hit a long ball realstically given the match situation at that point play out for the draw should have been the priority. The second new ball had just been taken and there was only 40 minutes of play left, I was a little disappointed by Ali's approach coming out and smacking the first ball he faced given he had batted out an hour in the first innings.

Still there were some positives to take from the game: Smith and Prince look in fine form, Horton showed in the second innings that he is seeing the ball well and Ali bowled some very good spells through the match. With Buttler, Chapple and Hogg to come back, as well as potentially Jarvis there does seem to be a decent side to take the field for the rest of the season. I am a little worried about the batting, and the lack of a replacement for Kat.

Yes I was expecting the same again from Ali, spending time at the crease and letting Prince get the runs. Impressed with Kerrigan as the nightwatchman.

I assume that it will be 3 fast bowlers (firstly Chapple,Hogg and Anderson and then Chapple, Hogg, Jarvis) plus all rounder Smith and Kerrigan as the bowling attack for the rest of the season.
Slipstream

Postby Making_Splinters » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 am

Slipstream wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:When Smith and Prince were at the crease there was a slim chance of chasing the game. While White and Ali can hit a long ball realstically given the match situation at that point play out for the draw should have been the priority. The second new ball had just been taken and there was only 40 minutes of play left, I was a little disappointed by Ali's approach coming out and smacking the first ball he faced given he had batted out an hour in the first innings.

Yes I was expecting the same again from Ali, spending time at the crease and letting Prince get the runs. Impressed with Kerrigan as the nightwatchman.

I assume that it will be 3 fast bowlers (firstly Chapple,Hogg and Anderson and then Chapple, Hogg, Jarvis) plus all rounder Smith and Kerrigan as the bowling attack for the rest of the season.

You'd have Javis over Ali?
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Slipstream » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:
Slipstream wrote:

You'd have Javis over Ali?

If you are looking for a young bowler to take over from Chapple then Jarvis would have to start showing that now. Ali will be 34 this year and is injury prone. Also Ali has a first class career economy of 3.58. I think Lancs will keep him for the limited over games.
Slipstream

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:54 am

Reece really is having a horror start to the season.

Buttler making his debut, wonder how many selectors are down at OT today.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Andrea out right on the stroke of lunch, I'm still not convinced that he's a better bet than Brown.

Horton has looked solid thus far.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Some big games coming up for Kerrigan. The likelihood of a second cap this year must have gone up.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Prince out for a duck, this bodes well
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby SaintPowelly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:48 pm

I think Cork just said Moores is still in charge for this game, is that true ?
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket