2014 Hampshire Thread

county and domestic cricket around the world

Re: 2014 Hampshire Thread

Postby SaintPowelly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:01 pm

This is disappointing, has there been any dropped chances ??
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Looks like batting is pretty easy when the effects of the new ball have worn off, really nice batting conditions weatherwise. Hence my concern that the only overcast day looks like tomorrow when we will be looking for 5 batting points.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm

I wonder if anyone at the club is also using this as a scouting mission. Leicester have a few players out of contract next month, but in particular Josh Cobb. He can offer something in all three formats, including with the ball to a small extent.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby SaintPowelly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:29 pm

st_brendy wrote:I wonder if anyone at the club is also using this as a scouting mission. Leicester have a few players out of contract next month, but in particular Josh Cobb. He can offer something in all three formats, including with the ball to a small extent.

I caught a few mins on the radio, and Kevan James was saying how he likes Cobb, but he averages under 25 in FC cricket, Can't see him giving up Leics captaincy to be a back-up for us.
SaintPowelly

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Derby very well placed against Worcs. Indeed, Worcs may not even get two bowling points (long way to go yet of course though).

Thankfully, Derby must appreciate that even four wins out of four shouldn't be enough for them to sneak 2nd place (they're 62 points behind us), so if the game does start to head towards a boring high scoring draw, they hopefully won't just accept whatever game set-up proposal Worcs might put to them.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:33 pm

SaintPowelly wrote:
st_brendy wrote:I wonder if anyone at the club is also using this as a scouting mission. Leicester have a few players out of contract next month, but in particular Josh Cobb. He can offer something in all three formats, including with the ball to a small extent.

I caught a few mins on the radio, and Kevan James was saying how he likes Cobb, but he averages under 25 in FC cricket, Can't see him giving up Leics captaincy to be a back-up for us.

Look at how much Gatting played early in the season. And as every season goes by, the risk of us losing Vince to England duty increases.

In limited overs cricket meanwhile, he would arguably displace Dawson immediately.

It would require us to be promoted though, I would think. Can't see him moving just to a different D2 team.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 pm

st_brendy wrote:Jason Roy has been named in the England t20 squad for the game against India. Unfortunately said game is a week today, and the next round of Championship matches (which Surrey are part of) doesn't start until a week on Tuesday. So he won't be missing for Surrey.

But he has retired in their match against NZ A today with a hand injury. Now that might put him out of Surrey's next game...
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby SaintPowelly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:39 pm

This is pissing me off now.

Someone rescue Tahir from Zimbabwe, we need him.
SaintPowelly

Postby Hampshire » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 pm

st_brendy wrote:
st_brendy wrote:Jason Roy has been named in the England t20 squad for the game against India. Unfortunately said game is a week today, and the next round of Championship matches (which Surrey are part of) doesn't start until a week on Tuesday. So he won't be missing for Surrey.

But he has retired in their match against NZ A today with a hand injury. Now that might put him out of Surrey's next game...

On the other hand if he's out of the England squad they may ironically call up Vince as a bench warmer... Hopefully (From a Hants POV, all the luck to him of course) Wright is possibly ahead of him.
Hampshire

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire
England

Postby SaintPowelly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:52 pm

We don't bowl Smith often enough.
SaintPowelly

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Hampshire wrote:
st_brendy wrote:

On the other hand if he's out of the England squad they may ironically call up Vince as a bench warmer... Hopefully (From a Hants POV, all the luck to him of course) Wright is possibly ahead of him.

Yes, Luke Wright is very unlucky to have left out. I was trying to pick a starting XI out of the 14 man squad named, and found myself having to pick either Moeen or Root, batting either 3 or 7 (depending on where you put Ravi). Personally, the thought of either Moeen or Root in the international t20 team hardly excites me. Based on form - and for me, form is what t20 is all about - Wright should be ahead of them both.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby Hampshire » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 pm

I seriously do wonder at times if our CC games are scripted at times. My reactions :

Start : Yes, going really well, couple more wickets and we're on top of them.
Middle : Still ok, just need that break through wicket.
End : How the hell did they get that many runs...
Hampshire

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire
England

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Well done Danny. One more wicket please. I'm not sure how good Taylor's batting is, so it's possible that their tail starts after O'Brien.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby SaintPowelly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 pm

st_brendy wrote:Well done Danny. One more wicket please. I'm not sure how good Taylor's batting is, so it's possible that their tail starts after O'Brien.

Scored 54 and then 40* to frustrate Surrey last time out.
SaintPowelly

Postby st_brendy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:21 pm

Ervine drops Robson at 1st slip, off Tommo.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru

st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Cricket