Page 138 of 140

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:57 pm
by Durhamfootman
captaincolly wrote:
Durhamfootman wrote:given that the 2020 season is due to get under way in a week and a half, I'm wondering when a fixture list is going to be published.

Tomorrow according to The Times.

ooh!

what's the betting that with 5 matches to play, Durham get 3 away fixtures?

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:59 pm
by Durhamfootman
in fact, if I was a betting man, I'd put a fiver on Yorks, Lancs and Notts getting the three home fixtures and Durham, Leics and Derby getting 2

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:00 pm
by Durhamfootman
unless having no spectators adds a significant cost burden to hosting, in which case Durham, Derby and Leics will get the 3 home fixtures

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:53 pm
by captaincolly
The odd thing is the article says the fixtures are out tomorrow but then lists some of them. It mentions Hampshire having 2 home games - played in Arundel and says Leicestershire's 3 home games may have to be played at 3 different 'away' venues!
It also says if the trial games go to plan it is hoped that members will be able to attend any game they choose.

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:54 pm
by westoelad
captaincolly wrote:The odd thing is the article says the fixtures are out tomorrow but then lists some of them. It mentions Hampshire having 2 home games - played in Arundel and says Leicestershire's 3 home games may have to be played at 3 different 'away' venues!
It also says if the trial games go to plan it is hoped that members will be able to attend any game they choose.

Link to above article capt. please.

This truncated programme is the ideal situation to test spectator return. I can't recall ever having not conforming unwittingly to current social distancing regulations in the past when entering or leaving the ground and members are going to conform when seated for their own welfare. Deck chair casuals will no doubt have a moan but what's new there?

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:08 pm
by captaincolly
westoelad wrote:
captaincolly wrote:The odd thing is the article says the fixtures are out tomorrow but then lists some of them. It mentions Hampshire having 2 home games - played in Arundel and says Leicestershire's 3 home games may have to be played at 3 different 'away' venues!
It also says if the trial games go to plan it is hoped that members will be able to attend any game they choose.

Link to above article capt. please.

This truncated programme is the ideal situation to test spectator return. I can't recall ever having not conforming unwittingly to current social distancing regulations in the past when entering or leaving the ground and members are going to conform when seated for their own welfare. Deck chair casuals will no doubt have a moan but what's new there?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hamp ... -rqzvc77wz

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:35 pm
by westoelad
Thanks capt-I'm a Times digital subscriber but I'd missed it earlier. Presumably the hosting clubs will pay Leicester's hotel expenses. They must be really struggling financially- lowest attendance by far, under 9000, of all the counties.

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:38 pm
by captaincolly
westoelad wrote:Thanks capt-I'm a Times digital subscriber but I'd missed it earlier. Presumably the hosting clubs will pay Leicester's hotel expenses. They must be really struggling financially- lowest attendance by far, under 9000, of all the counties.

Yes. Must be tough for them. The Times article was right towards the bottom of the sports pages so easy to miss.

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:14 pm
by captaincolly
We must be getting back to normality. Graham Onions has 2 for 29 from 14 overs in the Roses warmup match.

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:39 pm
by Durhamfootman
this is the perfect sort of season for Graham Onions

nice and short

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:15 pm
by captaincolly
Durhamfootman wrote:this is the perfect sort of season for Graham Onions

nice and short

:lmao Indeed!

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:24 pm
by captaincolly
Sounds as if spectators will be allowed into some of the 4 day games. Up to 2500 spectators are allowed into the Oval and Edgbaston for the first round of matches. Other counties are in talks to sort out how they can admit spectators whilst complying with the guidelines.
They're also hopeful of selling tickets to the general public for the T20 competition.

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:35 pm
by Durhamfootman
captaincolly wrote: Other counties are in talks to sort out how they can admit spectators whilst complying with the guidelines.

I find that staggering, tbh. What is to sort out? bars can open anyway as can street food. spectators can be asked to keep apart and you need a steward at any toilets that are open. Keep a big gap either side of the players steps and have all the gates open with security on them to keep queues 2m apart. Crikey.... even Jeremy Corbyn could organise it, that's how easy it should be

in talks! :no

Here at the Riverside we have a trapdoor system already in place to remove non compliant members...... move over Graham Norton and your red chair..... we have trapdoors everywhere

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:10 pm
by captaincolly
Durhamfootman wrote:
captaincolly wrote: Other counties are in talks to sort out how they can admit spectators whilst complying with the guidelines.

I find that staggering, tbh. What is to sort out? bars can open anyway as can street food. spectators can be asked to keep apart and you need a steward at any toilets that are open. Keep a big gap either side of the players steps and have all the gates open with security on them to keep queues 2m apart. Crikey.... even Jeremy Corbyn could organise it, that's how easy it should be

in talks! :no

Here at the Riverside we have a trapdoor system already in place to remove non compliant members...... move over Graham Norton and your red chair..... we have trapdoors everywhere

I think it's talks wirh the local authorities to assure them they are ready to go as soon as they get permission. Sounds as if the two games in round one of the games will be followed by opening up all of the grounds - only question is will it be for round 2?

Re: Random Cricket Thread (Domestic Cricket)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:46 pm
by captaincolly
Article about extending the trial with spectators in attendance into next weekend. It doesn't say as much but the inference must be that spectators will be allowed in all grounds in the near future.
And a sign of how bad things are - Surrey expressing financial concerns- although the bigger clubs with expensive overheads will be feeling the strain.
Fans allowed to attend first-class cricket as pilot scheme extended https://es.pn/3hJzo2H
via ESPNCricinfo app http://es.pn/ciapp