Random Cricket Thread (International Cricket)

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Random Cricket Thread (International Cricket)

Postby rich1uk » Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 am

Alviro Patterson wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1096647.html
BCCI concedes nothing by playing the tournament BCCI says they still very unhappy with the new governance and financial model.

Not sure how any board can be unhappy if they are getting the most money in central payments than other test nations and associates......

india were quite happy when they were bribing other nations to vote with them, but now a vote has went against them the toys come out of the pram

aint democracy a b!tch
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Alviro Patterson » Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Yes! It has finally happened!

England limited overs captain Eoin Morgan in partnership deal with drinks firm Diageo to promote their Rum based product :panic

"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby GarlicJam » Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 pm

pity this is not the Headline thread.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Alviro Patterson wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1096647.html
BCCI concedes nothing by playing the tournament BCCI says they still very unhappy with the new governance and financial model.

Not sure how any board can be unhappy if they are getting the most money in central payments than other test nations and associates......

If anything they are more unhappy about losing power, Apparently the board don't really give a crap about the money considering it is loose change to the BCCI.
they only really losing something like 1-5% of what they make in a year in the deal.
the governance model is what they are against.
Also they also have no choice really and to go against the deal considering if they don't it gives ICC and the other boards more reason not to be scared of BCCI in the future.
it is all really about power plus the other boards are getting way to much money if they doing the sharing like that.
Considering all ICC broadcast deals is based on Indian participation it is crazy for boards like NZ, England, CA etc to get big money when their sponsors and tv broadcaster pay peanuts for the cricket.
personally think it is a disgrace what Australian and New zealand provide to the global game.
they have the economy and in Australia case the cricket love to be a big player in cricket finance.
So why should the likes of Australia and NZ get extra money when they don't really add anything to the ICC tables in terms of money.

if you feel that you provide majority of the money, then of course you will feel disgusted with what ICC were offering and what the other boards are getting in comparison when you considering that if India didn't play or if they somehow lost early in the world cup like in 2007 ICC would lose 50-60% of revenue maybe even more.
if you considering ICC fixes india vs pakistan fixtures to get money and tries to guarantee 7 india matches in world cup games which is apparently written in the contract in the broadcaster contract after the 2007 debacle.
then of course BCCI would be pissed if the other boards get way more than they deserve in BCCI expense.
you can't really have it both ways with the money being linked to india participation and then you give most of the money to the other full members that often do nothing to actually increase the value of the contract and generally just live off India money.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Alviro Patterson » Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 pm

GarlicJam wrote:pity this is not the Headline thread.

Furiously going through the Predict a Cricket Headline threads, I swear I made a prediction of Diageo sponsoring Eoin Morgan.

Would absolutely love it if England win the Champions Trophy/World Cup/World T20 and Diageo release an Eoin Morgan limited edition of Captain Morgans Rum.
"Stats are there to be broken" Dominic Cork
"They took all our players away, banned our captain and we still came away with a ten-wicket victory" Jason Gillespie
"You won't get anywhere slouching about half out of bed" Geoffrey Boycott

2011-12 Oz vs India Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Oz vs SA Tests FL guru | 2012-13 Bang vs WI combined FL guru | 2013 Friends Life T20 FL guru | 2015 The Ashes FL guru | 2015 County Championship D2 FL guru | 2016 Womens WT20 FL guru| 2016 Eng v Pak Tests FL guru | 2017 Kia Super League FL guru | 2018 County Championship D2 FL guru
Alviro Patterson

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire CCC, Bradford City FC

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=597&p=709497#p709497
pretty decent article here.
this part stands out.
England and Australia are smarter. They’ve got others to do the dirty work and would now ensure that the Indian board is kept happy. In turn they would have worked out lucrative bilateral series under the Future Tours Programme with India. They’ll prosper. It is the ones that struck their neck out who’ll get the chop.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

if giles clarke ever gets the icc president job it would be the worse thing that could ever happen to Cricket.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2017 ... b-cricket/
so crazy how this guy survives everything.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed May 10, 2017 8:07 am

Giles Clarke is the force that unites the whole world of cricket.

In disgust.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 am

Probably the last Ashes Test to be played at the WACA this winter.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby rich1uk » Wed May 10, 2017 8:50 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Probably the last Ashes Test to be played at the WACA this winter.

disappointing in a way that the new ground wont be ready as it looks really impressive
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Wed May 10, 2017 9:23 am

I think only India and England will play at the new stadium.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby sussexpob » Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am

bhaveshgor wrote:if giles clarke ever gets the icc president job it would be the worse thing that could ever happen to Cricket.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2017 ... b-cricket/
so crazy how this guy survives everything.

Giles comes with a line of the pockets, so of course he will be popular. Hes a chameleon with no principles. But is he any worse than the rest? The Aussies and Indians lapped up the big three, the Windies board is chaotic, the Pakistan board has always been run by mentalists, and I doubt the others are any better.

The most astonishing thing about Clarke is, as the article says, he has a World XI going to Pakistan to play in Lahore, no doubt some corrupt exchange of money or favours being given there. A bit of a cricketing Sepp Blatter.

Of course, Lahore is perfectly safe at the moment..... its been, what, 2 months since someone tried to blow up the local assembly building in Lahore? And wasnt there another bomb attack in Lahore 2-3 weeks after, targeting foreigners?

Lahore... safe as houses.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby sussexpob » Wed May 10, 2017 10:24 am

Me thinking that the "World XI" might be represented by 16 Zimbabweans who real need a pay cheque.... I doubt any sane IPL player, or decent waged domestic player form the first or second world, will be prepared to play in Lahore.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby dan08 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:17 pm

sussexpob wrote:Me thinking that the "World XI" might be represented by 16 Zimbabweans who real need a pay cheque.... I doubt any sane IPL player, or decent waged domestic player form the first or second world, will be prepared to play in Lahore.

Jordan, Sammy, Samuels and Malan played in Lahore in March. They are probably already on decent wages.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby andy » Wed May 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Juhlen Goswami, setting a record for most ODI wickets i believe, with 185?
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket