Kevin Pietersen's Autobiography.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Kevin Pietersen's Autobiography.

Postby Gingerfinch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Mybe Swann was asked to leave against his wishes? Doubtful though.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby yuppie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Dr Robert wrote:Mybe Swann was asked to leave against his wishes? Doubtful though.

Why would he be asked to leave the tour though. Surely they would want to keep him there for his experience and help? Even bowling in the nets.

Sure drop him, but hes been picked for the tour, so should stay? Pretty big news to ask someone to leave a tour, no matter how bad they are performing? Specially consdering swans test record.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Well, I mentioned possible reasons. I'll get back to you if KP gets on to it.

KP really doesn't like Prior, which at this point is difficult to grasp. Certainly, Cheese appears to like KP. It seems to hinge on two things. In fact, let me made a leap of imagination that gets me pulled up sometimes. I wonder if Cheese is a team man who doesn't really question what he does, but enthusiastically does what he thinks is expected of him, way beyond the point where it is helpful.

Like Gabriel Oak's new dog in Far From the Madding Crowd, who only knows his job is to herd sheep, and who will do it at any time, in any circumstance, to the point where he herds them over a cliff. And so if Prior thought his job was to reintegrate KP, he would do it endlessly, way beyond the point that it was painful to KP. Or if he thought it was his job to keep the fielders on their toes, he would do it without question, until the fielder was scared to touch the ball; but he had done his job.

He's done nothing wrong, and yet... Gabriel Oak has no livelihood and is on the road to a labour fair, and has shot his sheepdog through the head.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Gingerfinch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Maybe something happened behind the scenes? Yes, very doubtful.
Gingerfinch

Postby Gingerfinch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Gabriel Oak? Your old moniker, Arthur?
Gingerfinch

Postby Aidan11 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Still no resignation from Giles Clarke.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:49 pm

As KP says:

'I remember an instance in Kolkata. Sachin Tendulkar was under a hell of a lot of pressure; he'd been having a really bad run. Tendulkar hit one to mid-on with Finn bowling and Jimmy Anderson misfielded. Silence. I braced myself, but not a word. I'm wondering, what the **** is going on? I mean Jimmy has let Sachin off the mark and taken a lot of pressure off him. I'm waiting. There'll be **** in the air now. Surely? Nothing was said. Now if that was Panesar or Samit Patel or Trotty, oh, it would have been carnage out there.

'Don't think those guys didn't notice, either.

'This is what I was being reintegrated into. I was supposed to sit down and shut up in the corner of a dysfunctional dressing room.'

I'm wondering if Bairstow was a target. He often looked under pressure in the field.

The India series turned at the time Prior stopped playing. Coincidence? Probably.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Dr Robert wrote:Gabriel Oak? Your old moniker, Arthur?

Yes. I like Thomas Hardy.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Aidan11 wrote:Still no resignation from Giles Clarke.

The only justice is the one you make happen.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Well, I mentioned possible reasons. I'll get back to you if KP gets on to it.

KP really doesn't like Prior, which at this point is difficult to grasp. Certainly, Cheese appears to like KP. It seems to hinge on two things. In fact, let me made a leap of imagination that gets me pulled up sometimes. I wonder if Cheese is a team man who doesn't really question what he does, but enthusiastically does what he thinks is expected of him, way beyond the point where it is helpful.

Like Gabriel Oak's new dog in Far From the Madding Crowd, who only knows his job is to herd sheep, and who will do it at any time, in any circumstance, to the point where he herds them over a cliff. And so if Prior thought his job was to reintegrate KP, he would do it endlessly, way beyond the point that it was painful to KP. Or if he thought it was his job to keep the fielders on their toes, he would do it without question, until the fielder was scared to touch the ball; but he had done his job.

He's done nothing wrong, and yet... Gabriel Oak has no livelihood and is on the road to a labour fair, and has shot his sheepdog through the head.

Nice piece AC and appropriate that you should introduce fictional characters into a discussion on this autobiography.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm just delivering the news Hope.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Anyway, this one is for you:

'By the time we got to New Zealand in spring 2013, the Cheese had been made permanent vice-captain. It made the Big Cheese puff out a bit.

'Flower asked me at one stage who I would have chosen for vice-captain.

'I would have picked Ian Bell, I said, because he was in the batting group and it would have taken power away from the clique, who would then have had to deal with the rest of the team in a much more professional manner.

'Flower said, well, Bell doesn't speak much.

'I didn't agree. People don't give Bell the credit he deserves. They've never really let him speak. I mean he's a very quiet guy; he's not going to force that space for himself. The fact that he's not overconfident doesn't mean he couldn't be a very good vice-captain. It probably means the dressing room should change in order to allow quiet, thoughtful guys like Bell to make a contribution. Look at Cook: he's the captain and he's an introvert. He doesn't talk up a storm, but he is sincere.'

Of course, it implies a problem with Cook. He is a batter, and the captain, but unable to protect those who need it.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:18 pm

KP feels a bit like the kid in the sixth form who is in a band and has a car and a girlfriend, laughing at the expense of an earnest, dorky kid with too many rather gauche, unsophisticated enthusiasms. In normal circumstances, they just wouldn't spend time together. Prior probably looks up to Pietersen. But KP just feels embarrassed when he sees Matt at the back of one of his gigs, hanging around with more guys just like Matt.

If that kid starts doing well for himself. If he starts to happen. How much worse. A dairylee triangle thinking he was Brie?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby KipperJohn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:37 pm

sussexpob wrote:
KipperJohn wrote:Work is a tough place to be isn't it?

What a load of belly aching which you don't hear from aid workers, oil rig and construction people, medics, servicemen - thousands work long distances away from home without their families for extended periods of time

These are highly paid, well looked after, professional sportsmen doing exactly what they want with their lives - playing a game they love

Depression and other mental disorders is generally misunderstood. You don't have to be a hero to suffer from it, and you don't have to be from a high risk group to have it.

Not sure of the point here? All the groups above are known to have extremely high levels of mental disorders, and well documented too. So in a way, you do "hear about it".

I'm well aware of anxiety and depression having battled with it all my life and have made my views clear on that subject - particularly on the JT illness thread. My comments about the ECB were also left out.

What sticks out a mile is that, even with all the facilities and support at their disposal, neither the management or many of the players have shown much, if any, maturity in their conduct - petty personal agendas are pretty obvious and are now being played out and pursued in public, to the delight of the media and the shame of English cricket..
KipperJohn

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:06 pm

It seems Pietersen is like a time traveler who has gone to a place and observed much unpleasantness but obeys the time travelers code that he must not interfere in such a way that changes the course of history. Now on his return he feels able to chronicle the events as he remembers them.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket