Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyond.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Rebuilding india team for the Australian series and Beyo

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Vijay should be able to play in the next 3 years maybe Vijay Zol or Unmukt Chand can replace him.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby yuppie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:58 am

bhaveshgor wrote:Gambhir should just retire lots of people rated him 1 or 2 even worse than Dhawan in the series.
His average of 6 flattered him in this series Shami, I sharma out batted him in this series.

The fact he had done nothing to warrant his place back in the team shows that the problems with India run much deeper than just their on field performances.
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:58 am

rich1uk wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:It is time for Dhoni to resign or get sacked for the captaincy get a new Coach, Batting coach, Spinning and Bowling coach and Slip catching coach. Penny could stay for the ground fielding coach though.

so nothing too radical then ? :P

how likely do you think any of that is to happen bhav ?

Didn't actually expect most of my changes to actually happen. :hide
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/conte ... 72063.html
Shastri Names Director of Cricket.

But the actual good news being that Sanjay Bangor, B Arun are assistant coaches and R Sridhar new Fielding coach.

Apart from Shastri all these are moves in the right direction.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby ddb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Is Shastri that bad? He's criticised them in the media so hopefully he carries this through to the team.
Intent

IPL 2009 Prediction League Champion 2009-10 footy prediction guru Joint 2010 footy final placings guru 2010 Eng vs Bang combined prediction guru 2011 World Cup Fantasy
ddb

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:12 pm

ddb wrote:Is Shastri that bad? He's criticised them in the media so hopefully he carries this through to the team.

Shastri will just be a bigger puppet for Srinivasan.
I like the Role that Shastri is doing but not the person chosen for the role.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby ddb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:17 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
ddb wrote:Is Shastri that bad? He's criticised them in the media so hopefully he carries this through to the team.

Really doubt it. Shastri is an arrogant guy. These losses hurt him. He can make these idiots fight more hopefully.
Intent

IPL 2009 Prediction League Champion 2009-10 footy prediction guru Joint 2010 footy final placings guru 2010 Eng vs Bang combined prediction guru 2011 World Cup Fantasy
ddb

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 pm

ddb wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:

Really doubt it. Shastri is an arrogant guy. These losses hurt him. He can make these idiots fight more hopefully.

I hope you are right since I do like the role Shastri is been given but have doubt on the person doing it.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby SaintPowelly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:26 pm

shankycricket wrote:Calls for Kohli to be dropped are frankly a load of *******. Still the best batsman in the side and has a better record outside Asia than anyone but Rahane in this team.

He is the Eoin Morgan of the India side.
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Pujara to sign for a county team for the rest of the season.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-i ... 72159.html

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby andy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Ashwin has to play in all conditions now surely...Jadeja simply isn't good enough..particuarly with the bat..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby shankycricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 pm

I must admit my views against Shastri are more than a tad influenced by his monotonous, cliche ridden, BCCI scripted commentary. As a player though, he was a tough nut and one of the toughest cricketers to have played for India and he definitely is passionate about the team. If he could incorporate his cricketing qualities rather than his puppetry commentary skills into his new job, Indian cricket will be better for it. I, for one, am yet to be convinced but lets give him a fair chance.

If Duncan has an ounce of self respect left, he will resign. The BCCI secretary said in his statement that he has no powers left and that he "is not required". The writing is clearly on the wall.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby rich1uk » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 pm

shankycricket wrote:
If Duncan has an ounce of self respect left, he will resign. The BCCI secretary said in his statement that he has no powers left and that he "is not required". The writing is clearly on the wall.

what is his contract situation atm ?

I was very surprised the extended his contract last year as I thought they were just going to let his contract run down rather than pay to sack him. but iirc he was given a one year extension in april last year which would have expired by now but not aware of whether it has been extended again.
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:58 pm

rich1uk wrote:
shankycricket wrote:

what is his contract situation atm ?

I was very surprised the extended his contract last year as I thought they were just going to let his contract run down rather than pay to sack him. but iirc he was given a one year extension in april last year which would have expired by now but not aware of whether it has been extended again.

Expires after the world cup.
Although I read that BCCI has some clauses that make it easy for him to get sacked and not be too costly at the same time. It might be result driven so they are waiting for the right moment to sack him.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:02 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Vijay should be able to play in the next 3 years maybe Vijay Zol or Unmukt Chand can replace him.

A rather preposterous comment on both fronts really.
Vijay is very inconsistent and IMO would need to be assessed on a series by series basis. At present, I think he has earned himself a run till the end of the Australia tour (I don't care what happens vs WI at home, with all due respect). After that, we have a lengthy home stretch so if he fails miserably in Aus, there will be a temptation to blood a youngster at home especially as he will be 33 or 34 the next time we tour outside Asia. I HOPE he does well and plays for another 3 years but I'm not sure its as certain as you seem to think. If he had failed in the first couple of Tests here, that could've been the end for him. Its too early to predict anything.

Not sure what Chand has done to be mentioned as a Test option at the moment. Not even a guaranteed starter for his Ranji team. Zol has done decently in FC cricket but he really needs a big season to be in serious contention. I don't think he is quite ready yet but a huge season could change my mind. At present, only KL Rahul and Jiwanjot Singh have presented a serious case. I'm not sure either of them are ready too but given the paucity of options, one of them would probably have to come in as the 2nd opener right now unless Dhawan does something special in the ODIs to sway the thinking.
All in all, I don't see any easy and immediate solution to the opening woes. We have never had a half decent Test opener outside Asia except for the great Gavaskar. It is a problem that has historically plagued us and will continue to do so for a fair while. There are no perfect alternatives but the worst we could do is sticking to "has beens" like Gambhir.

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Postby shankycricket » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:14 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:Ashwin has to play in all conditions now surely...

Wrong thread, cf. I think you meant to post the above in this thread :

www.cricket-match-special.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6

shankycricket

PreviousNext

Return to International Cricket