Kevin Pietersen's Autobiography.

What's buzzing in the world of cricket....

Re: Kevin Pietersen's Autobiography.

Postby Slipstream » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:05 am

Eoin Morgan 27 Oct

”Kevin, for me, is a guy who commands huge respect, a guy I’ll always remember for the performances he put in and the experience he gave me when I first came into the side,” Morgan said on Monday.

“He was very welcoming and I spent a lot of time with him, learning from him. He’ll always remain like that in my eyes regardless of what’s come out.”

”Bullying? Not that I can recall,” he said of Pietersen’s claim that the England bowling attack demanded on-field apologies from any fielder who dropped a catch. “I think it is a happy dressing room, absolutely.”
Slipstream

Postby hopeforthebest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:43 am

Slipstream wrote:Eoin Morgan 27 Oct

”Kevin, for me, is a guy who commands huge respect, a guy I’ll always remember for the performances he put in and the experience he gave me when I first came into the side,” Morgan said on Monday.

“He was very welcoming and I spent a lot of time with him, learning from him. He’ll always remain like that in my eyes regardless of what’s come out.”

”Bullying? Not that I can recall,” he said of Pietersen’s claim that the England bowling attack demanded on-field apologies from any fielder who dropped a catch. “I think it is a happy dressing room, absolutely.”

After his cricketing days are over, a career in politics beckons.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:53 am

Because he smoothes over the bullying? Maybe so. The bullying issue is looking like it is quite open to interpretation. Of course, Anderson and Broad are going to say not, because they are the accused, but I do suspect they really didn't see what they did as wrong, But obviously KP did, and others may have. It looked unpleasant at time from the boundary, and many remarked on it at the time. A lot of people don't want to hear it from Kevin. Maybe they will be more open to Trott or Bell in the future, if that was their experience.

Much is made of the on field problems in the book, in Bangladesh. I remember Bell claiming a catch that bounced a foot in front of him on that tour. Did he feel pressured? Did this team dynamic drive Trott to pick the ball off the ground in India and appeal?
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby hopeforthebest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:37 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Because he smoothes over the bullying? Maybe so. The bullying issue is looking like it is quite open to interpretation. Of course, Anderson and Broad are going to say not, because they are the accused, but I do suspect they really didn't see what they did as wrong, But obviously KP did, and others may have. It looked unpleasant at time from the boundary, and many remarked on it at the time. A lot of people don't want to hear it from Kevin. Maybe they will be more open to Trott or Bell in the future, if that was their experience.

Much is made of the on field problems in the book, in Bangladesh. I remember Bell claiming a catch that bounced a foot in front of him on that tour. Did he feel pressured? Did this team dynamic drive Trott to pick the ball off the ground in India and appeal?

Another dig at Bell AC, do you have a database on all his failings?
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

hopeforthebest

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:41 pm

It was just him. I can't pretend it was someone else. I've mentioned Trott's calumny in India far more often, but I've been told I 'love' IJLT.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby hopeforthebest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:13 pm

Are you sure it was exactly a foot in front of Bell, not 12.5 inches or 11.25 inches or maybe 3,5 inches. Your desperation to defend KP is not enhanced by denigrating other players.

hopeforthebest

Postby Gingerfinch » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:18 pm

I personally feel there was no bullying culture. Having to apologise for a dropped catch (if true) is a bit weird, mind.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby alfie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Dr Robert wrote:I personally feel there was no bullying culture. Having to apologise for a dropped catch (if true) is a bit weird, mind.

Rather suspect a bit of exaggeration might have been involved here. Have played with some bowlers who carried on a bit over fielding errors...most people don't worry too much. Adults can usually sort out any differences in the dressing room.

Frankly can't take this over sensitivity too seriously.
alfie

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:47 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:Are you sure it was exactly a foot in front of Bell, not 12.5 inches or 11.25 inches or maybe 3,5 inches. Your desperation to defend KP is not enhanced by denigrating other players.

By giving Bell a reason, really I'm potentially defending or excusing him rather than KP. It's a tenuous point, I accept.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby KipperJohn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm

I hardly think Bell would feel pressurised in the field - he's one of the best we've ever had in just about any position you can think of - more recently second slip.

Worth pointing out as well that I can't recall Bell commenting anywhere yet on all of this - apologies if I'm wrong. Bell enjoys virtually iconic status with his beloved Warks, both with the club and community - he has all that to fall back on when his England career finishes -- a form of stability that KP doesn't have. Nevertheless KP and Bell batting together in full flow was something to be savoured.

Bell has always talked up his fellow professionals - KP included. Interesting too that when the last Indian wicket fell he ran up to Cook and flung his arms round him.

Perhaps Bell is all things to all men - I've no idea - but he'd be wise to keep his own countenance if that's possible with today's media.
KipperJohn

Postby sussexpob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:40 pm

KipperJohn wrote: Bell has always talked up his fellow professionals - KP included. Interesting too that when the last Indian wicket fell he ran up to Cook and flung his arms round him.

Perhaps Bell is all things to all men - I've no idea - but he'd be wise to keep his own countenance if that's possible with today's media.

I don't think Bell seems like a contentious individual in the dressing room at all.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Slipstream » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Because he smoothes over the bullying? Maybe so. The bullying issue is looking like it is quite open to interpretation. Of course, Anderson and Broad are going to say not, because they are the accused, but I do suspect they really didn't see what they did as wrong, But obviously KP did, and others may have. It looked unpleasant at time from the boundary, and many remarked on it at the time. A lot of people don't want to hear it from Kevin. Maybe they will be more open to Trott or Bell in the future, if that was their experience.

Anderson wasn't on that tour to Bangladesh so it must have been the other bowlers, Swann, Broad, (Bresnan or Finn) who demanded an apology. I haven't seen any fielder holding their hand up in apology on the field. Maybe they had to apologise in the dressing room.

I think it is bowlers v batsmen. Used to notice when a bowler took a wicket with a catch that KP would go to congratulate the fielder rather than the bowler. When he became captain I think it was KP who started the patting the fielder on the bum for good fielding that has carried on. I used to think KP enjoyed throwing at the stumps whether anyone was backing up or not and the ball going to the boundary as it would annoy the bowler. Of all the bowlers I think Sidebottom used to get the most angry.
Slipstream

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:25 am

When Sidebottom got into the team, all that berating of the fielders seemed to start. Though Broad and Swann came through shortly afterwards.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby alfie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:16 am

Sidebottom could look angry even when he wasn't...He certainly didn't hide his frustrations at any fielding errors. But I doubt anyone felt intimidated or that he was carrying it on in the dressing room.

Just a typical mad angry bowler ...if you can't put up with that you probably shouldn't be playing top level cricket.
alfie

Postby Aidan11 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Sidebottom has a soft voice though. I would imagine if he got angry it would be difficult not to laugh.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL