Bangladesh V England Test Series 2016

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Bangladesh V England Test Series 2016

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Highlights comms are awful though off tube with Trott and Ed smith.
doesn't even feel natural, highly doubt they woke up early either to commentate.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Also bit surprised england didn't expect the turn, Moeen ali claiming to be shocked on how much the ball turned on day 1, do these people even watch games in the subcontinent these days.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Not sure what innings Berry watched today.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2016 ... cue-again/

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Not sure what innings Berry watched today.

Wonder what ECB PR person really wrote this...... we know Bayliss likes Jos Buttler, this article is basically the first indication that he will play.

Buttler obviously wasnt outclassed in his last series, he was just tired, right :facepalm

And obviously he has done enough to suggest he can slot in at 4 as a batsman, right? I mean hes been piling up FC runs in all those games hes played, right?

Can we have a gentlemans agreement not to post anymore tosh from this idiot on here again, because it really does wind me up!!
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 pm

sussexpob wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:Not sure what innings Berry watched today.

Wonder what ECB PR person really wrote this...... we know Bayliss likes Jos Buttler, this article is basically the first indication that he will play.

Buttler obviously wasnt outclassed in his last series, he was just tired, right :facepalm

And obviously he has done enough to suggest he can slot in at 4 as a batsman, right? I mean hes been piling up FC runs in all those games hes played, right?

Can we have a gentlemans agreement not to post anymore tosh from this idiot on here again, because it really does wind me up!!

pretty awful article, really not sure what point he making and you do a far better job than him.

still pretty embarrassing that he basically dressed today performance as a positive.

only real positive is that Ali and Bairstow scored runs and got them out of a very depressing situation and they probably still 50-50 in the game.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Some dreadful shots for the wickets. Cook and Duckett can't be pleased.

Anyone know if the India series will be on ITV4? This is a real bonus.

Were the ODIs on?
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:19 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Some dreadful shots for the wickets. Cook and Duckett can't be pleased.

Anyone know if the India series will be on ITV4? This is a real bonus.

Were the ODIs on?

no only the test, doubt the india series will be on ITV 4 considering Sky got exclusive rights on it and the tv deal was signed in 2011.
although quite possible the highlights will be on Mix, it clashes with Australia home matches and BT got the cricket on Showcase and Sky love to ruin BT ratings so they may schedule it at the same time.
Well that what I would do if I worked for sky.
all the cricket on the pay channel and the highlight on mix clashing with the Bt showcase stuff.

At the moment BT said all the highlights are on showcase with one game a week of Big bash on it as well.
sadly Sky viewers don't get it.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm

sussexpob wrote:Buttler obviously wasnt outclassed in his last series, he was just tired, right :facepalm

England/ECB keep making decisions where I think, that 'this one has to go right for them otherwise they'll end up looking stupid'. And when it doesn't, no one seems to notice. Particularly the re-appointment of Moores and giving Downton a job. And recalling Ballance after dropping him with orders to correct failings which he then didn't address. And picking Buttler as a bat, with a fca of 32 feels like one of these. Fine if he comes in and does well. But if he doesn't, they will look stupid.

On the other side, recalling Bairstow the last time was one of these. But that's fine. It paid off.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Cheers Bhaves.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Great ball to get Stokes!
Arthur Crabtree

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote: England/ECB keep making decisions where I think, that 'this one has to go right for them otherwise they'll end up looking stupid'. And when it doesn't, no one seems to notice. Particularly the re-appointment of Moores and giving Downton a job. And recalling Ballance after dropping him with orders to correct failings which he then didn't address. And picking Buttler as a bat, with a fca of 32 feels like one of these. Fine if he comes in and does well. But if he doesn't, they will look stupid.

On the other side, recalling Bairstow the last time was one of these. But that's fine. It paid off.

Buttler has scored 16 FC runs since his last test in 2015. That test in the UAE ended a run of 12 tests where he maintained an average of 23........He makes the least compelling case for re-selection there has possibly ever been.

Bairstow at least averages nearly 50 in FC cricket and was/is one of the top three odd batsman in county cricket.
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:54 pm

True, but Bairstow had been reselected a few times based on that fca, and pulled up short. He seemed to have been definitively dropped more than once. He only got back in because he could nominally keep wicket. It seemed like, in spite of his fca, he wasn't going to make it, as Hick and Ramps didn't.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:True, but Bairstow had been reselected a few times based on that fca, and pulled up short. He seemed to have been definitively dropped more than once. He only got back in because he could nominally keep wicket. It seemed like, in spite of his fca, he wasn't going to make it, as Hick and Ramps didn't.

I would certainly disagree with the notion that he was definitively dropped. In isolation, his figures in the context of 2012 and 2013 dont look that bad now, we hear about his short ball problems but he averaged 38 in 2012 English summer,which right now nails a place in the side. In those days we still had guys with high 40 averages, and standard were certainly higher. But those standards have dropped, and that always opened the door for him.

He averaged 33 in 2013 English summer, which isnt great, but Trott, KP and Cook were well under par, and Prior was disastrously bad. The other games he plays in hindsight arent really fair...... jetted into India for one test without really warming up, being thrown into the disaster of the away Ashes series at 3-0. If anything the failures in 2013-14 were completely glossed over, I doubt many people even remember him playing such was the problems with the experienced elements of the team..... Root got taken apart too, even early 2014 there was doubt about his future, but the mass cull changed that afterwards.

He went on to average 53 and 73 in the first class seasons after. As the batting disasters piled up, they were always going back to him. I think they gave him the gloves on purpose, not because they wanted the dual skill, but because they wanted to say to him it was ok to average 30 and get himself in the team and comfortable. He only really played 12 odd tests before 2015. Not a lot to throw away a FC averaging batsman like him when the whole line up is in chaos, and only 2 people really nail down a spot in the top 6.

sussexpob

Postby sussexpob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:20 pm

In saying that, I guess the same applies with Buttler. England have got to the point where the barrel has been scraped so many times, anyone can be considered.

sussexpob

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Well Buttler is arguably England's best LOI batter ever, and potentially one of their few world class batters (albeit in white ball). So that talent won't be thrown away... but he should do something to earn his place back in fc cricket. If he was dropped from the Test side in spite of his LOI feats, he has to do something other than produce prodigious short cricket performances to get back in. Like play for his county. England withdrew him from the last round of CC1 matches.
Arthur Crabtree

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches