Bangladesh V England Test Series 2016

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Bangladesh V England Test Series 2016

Postby backfootpunch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:59 pm

yuppie wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:Obviously willing to risk defeat in order to give two other players a run out. Wouldn't happen if Andy Flower and Strauss were still in charge.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't see what giving a player 1 Test tells you, or why Ansari didn't play in the first Test. What did we need to learn about Batty that past nearly 20 years in the game haven't told us. Conversely what if Ansari has a bad game? Are we to cast him out the same way Kerrigan was?

Batty is the seasoned pro that might be able to do a job for England in India. Risking a new player for 1 test does not make sense. Unless he is going to play in India?

They will want him because of all of Indias batsmen being right handed

Though that does raise the question why he didn't play the first test
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby yuppie » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:Obviously willing to risk defeat in order to give two other players a run out. Wouldn't happen if Andy Flower and Strauss were still in charge.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't see what giving a player 1 Test tells you, or why Ansari didn't play in the first Test. What did we need to learn about Batty that past nearly 20 years in the game haven't told us. Conversely what if Ansari has a bad game? Are we to cast him out the same way Kerrigan was?

Batty is the seasoned pro that might be able to do a job for England in India. Risking a new player for 1 test does not make sense. Unless he is going to play in India?

Indeed, then why give the 39 year old county pro a game at all?
2009 New Zealand Vs India Tests Prediction Guru
Prem final standings prediction guru
2010 AFL Footy Tipping Champion
yuppie

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Nottingham Forest, Carlton.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:32 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:Changes won't make any difference suspect Bangladesh will win the game anyway.

Odds are 9/2

Easy money for you

Very easy money indeed and those are poor odds yesterday ban were around 6.0 ish.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:43 pm

yuppie wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:

Indeed, then why give the 39 year old county pro a game at all?

If he get's butchered in India it doesn't really matter, giving a spinner his debut in India would be up there with giving an opener a debut in South Africa, wait a second....
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby hopeforthebest » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 pm

We now know that this is the squad for India as well so Batty and Ansari will be there as will Ballance.
Work expands to fill the time available, so why do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

2017 West Indies v Pakistan ODI FL Guru
2016 Bangladesh v England Combined FL Guru
2016 India v New Zealand ODI FL Guru
2015 India v South Africa ODI FL guru.
2013 Ashes fantasy prediction guru
2013 NZ in England combined FL guru.
hopeforthebest

Team(s) Supported: Warwickshire and England

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Not really the point I was making, Hope. Batty is a known factor, he's been around the county circuit as long as almost anyone else, so why play him over the unknown Asari in the first Test?
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby backfootpunch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:08 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:Changes won't make any difference suspect Bangladesh will win the game anyway.

Odds are 9/2

Easy money for you

Very easy money indeed and those are poor odds yesterday ban were around 6.0 ish.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your winnings

Bet you put a lot on as the result is so obvious
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:29 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:

Odds are 9/2

Easy money for you

didn't really have to lol since I got it in the accumulator.
with that price it is a no brainer considering England will start poorly and the odds will drop like crazy and I could cash out for an easy profit.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby bigfluffylemon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:34 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:

Odds are 9/2

Easy money for you

with that price it is a no brainer considering England will start poorly and the odds will drop like crazy and I could cash out for an easy profit.

Enjoy your winnings then.

Forecast for Dhaka is thunderstorms all weekend, so there may not be time for a result, although no doubt the pitch will turn square from day 1.

I actually support England's rotation here. Both Batty and Ansari will be in the squad and will likely play in India, it makes sense to give them a run out here. 1-0 up in the series is as good a time as any for Ansari to make a debut - there is less pressure on England as they only need a draw to take the series. Also support resting Broad (although not sure it was necessary to rest Woakes, he only bowled 12 overs). As I pointed out on the other thread, England have seven test matches in nine weeks, which is ludicrous. Some squad rotation is needed or we are going to see injuries. I will guarantee that Hameed and Buttler will play at some point in India, most likely due to Ballance being dropped, but also for resting of or injuries to other players. On those lines, I cannot fathom why Ballance has been picked again, but someone in the England selectors obviously thinks they see something the rest of us don't.
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:Not really the point I was making, Hope. Batty is a known factor, he's been around the county circuit as long as almost anyone else, so why play him over the unknown Asari in the first Test?

Thought one of the articles made it quite obvious that Ansari only playing the 2nd test because they feel Rashid can't take wickets or trouble right handers and he now playing to put pressure on Rashid.
actually 2 or 3 different articles even mention the fact Ansari playing to put pressure on Rashid spot.
Think Ansari wasn't meant to be playing but Rashid poor performance made him necessarily to play now otherwise he will have to make a debut in india and they have doubts on whether Rashid will play all 5 test in india.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby backfootpunch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:36 pm

One things for sure

Ben stokes is going to get injured at some point

backfootpunch

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 pm

bigfluffylemon wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:

Odds are 9/2

Enjoy your winnings then.

Forecast for Dhaka is thunderstorms all weekend, so there may not be time for a result, although no doubt the pitch will turn square from day 1.

I actually support England's rotation here. Both Batty and Ansari will be in the squad and will likely play in India, it makes sense to give them a run out here. 1-0 up in the series is as good a time as any for Ansari to make a debut - there is less pressure on England as they only need a draw to take the series. Also support resting Broad (although not sure it was necessary to rest Woakes, he only bowled 12 overs). As I pointed out on the other thread, England have seven test matches in nine weeks, which is ludicrous. Some squad rotation is needed or we are going to see injuries. I will guarantee that Hameed and Buttler will play at some point in India, most likely due to Ballance being dropped, but also for resting of or injuries to other players. On those lines, I cannot fathom why Ballance has been picked again, but someone in the England selectors obviously thinks they see something the rest of us don't.

Yeah looks like East india/bangladesh is getting hit by a tropical storm not sure it will affect the test match though since it is hitting Dhaka/india right now, it should be cleared when the Test match starts.
Doesn't the Test match start on Friday.
Might explain why the draw was lower yesterday, didn't really understand why ban were 6.00 and england close to evens didn't really make sense it now does if they took into account the storm.
they changed it today though with both Ban and england getting lower with the draw widening so they clearly expected the rain to pass over and probably heard reports on the pitch.
Suspect the odds will fluctuate again when the toss happens.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby bigfluffylemon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:21 am

backfootpunch wrote:One things for sure

Ben stokes is going to get injured at some point

Our allrounders always do. As long as it's not by punching a locker.
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby shankycricket » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:05 am

Rashid is going to get decimated by BCCI. They play wrist spin better than finger spin and Rashid isn't good anyway. Worth trying Ansari surely. Assuming Rahul is fully fit, Jadeja will be the only left hander in the XI and he'll bat at 9! So a left arm spinner will be crucial. I don't see the wrist spinner troubling them though, would rather play a 4th seamer alongside Moeen and Ansari which is why its important Finn has a good run out in the 2nd Test in BD.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Apprently the cyclone will hit Vizag on Thursday night/ Friday, so india vs Nz is a guaranteed washout be interesting to see how much it affect dhaka, last time I checked it said Friday will be raining in the morning with it clearing around 3pm not sure if that will be enough for much cricket but Saturday looks ok with sunday a bit dodgy with monday and tuesday fine.
but think Dhaka depends on how much of the fringes of the storm actually hits dhaka, considering it is missing most of the storm.

England will probably like the weather though since it is very unsettled and very british like of looking like it will rain but not actually rain much, might be loads of cloudcover for the bowlers.

think BBC are reporting showers on Saturday and Sunday.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches