India in Australia - 2016

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: India in Australia - 2016

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:33 pm

pompeymeowth wrote:There needs to be some betting pattern investigations after this. Some of the worst cricketing shots ever seen, were played in the last hour.

Well, THAT ruined my mood.

Sometimes my cynicism is well placed, sometimes it's my naivety that does me the best service.

Possibly it was my naivety working hard tonight, but still, I struggle to believe that Indian batsmen would throw that match. I don't WANT to believe that.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:Kohli is approaching his 25th ton in his 162nd innings. That is some conversion rate.

The best ODI batsman I have seen.

Annoyingly so, more kudos to him.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:35 pm

GarlicJam wrote:
pompeymeowth wrote:There needs to be some betting pattern investigations after this. Some of the worst cricketing shots ever seen, were played in the last hour.

Well, THAT ruined my mood.

Sometimes my cynicism is well placed, sometimes it's my naivety that does me the best service.

Possibly it was my naivety working hard tonight, but still, I struggle to believe that Indian batsmen would throw that match. I don't WANT to believe that.

I'd like to think India got beat fair and square.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Chances are they won't tell anything and would probably give clear evidence of a clean game.
Weirdly enough these type of games are the most clean because the betting syndicate doesn't really make much money and can actually lose money and is so much harder for them to be in control they would essentially had to have most of the players in the game today under control.

A lot of time in these situation it is the punters/gamblers that cry foul because they lost loads of money so quickly and can not recover it as the game collapses on it head.
Didn't really follow the odds of this game but I suspect the odds went from 1.25 to india to australia 1.20-30 within 2-4 overs.
The change was too rapid for anyone to make any money out of it and I highly doubt anyone was 100% sure that India were gonna lose at 270/1.
The only people happy today were the legal bookies their probably raked in so much money since pretty much every Trader/Gambler would have lost money today.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm

GarlicJam wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:Kohli is approaching his 25th ton in his 162nd innings. That is some conversion rate.

The best ODI batsman I have seen.

Annoyingly so, more kudos to him.

Graceful and has great stats. Him, AB, and Amla have been the best three players over the last three years or so.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby pompeymeowth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:54 pm

One down, 71 needed from 75, there is no way that India should lose that game, unless of course they start playing lots of rash shots, which would be totally unnecessary in that situation.
pompeymeowth

Team(s) Supported: Sussex. Cruzeiro and Pompey of course.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

pompeymeowth wrote:One down, 71 needed from 75, there is no way that India should lose that game, unless of course they start playing lots of rash shots, which would be totally unnecessary in that situation.

I think the fact india has a *modded*/inexperienced middle order plays a role.
Dhoni past his best
Mann 2nd or 3rd odi.
Jadeja has never really done anything special with the bat in the lower order for india, by all report he doesn't even believe he good enough to bat for india.
Rahane injured his hand earlier
R dhawan 2nd game
B Kumar never really gonna win the game.

Weirdly enough it was The aussies commentator that called it they said if india gets Kohli and Dhawan out they can put pressure on the indian team because of the long tail.
India only really have 4 batsman you get 3 wickets and you pretty much get them all out right now.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Anyway india should have won the game but isn't actually that easy for new guys to chase run a ball away from home.

This games doesn't really surprise me considering the players that got out are new or very inexperianced.
if it was Raina, Dhoni, Yuvi, Jadeja then you probably got a point it looks dodgy.

It does have to be remembered people called this happening before this game anyway Chappell, India pundits even Dhoni himself said India are very top heavy with not much batting after Dhoni.
What was disappointed though was that Mann/R dhawan didn't show the temperament to succeed both played rash shots which wasn't needed.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Reckon if Rahane was fit india would have won the game.
Dhoni, promoted to 4, Mann 5, Jadeja 6 was probably the reason india lost.
There was one unsettling factor in India's chase: Ajinkya Rahane suffered split webbing in his right hand when fielding and a spokesman said he would bat "if required". He did not come in at his usual No. 4 position; the resultant shuffling up of MS Dhoni, Gurkeerat Singh Mann and Ravindra Jadeja played some part in the hectic collapse that was to follow.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby The Professor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:08 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
pompeymeowth wrote:One down, 71 needed from 75, there is no way that India should lose that game, unless of course they start playing lots of rash shots, which would be totally unnecessary in that situation.

I think the fact india has a *modded*/inexperienced middle order plays a role.
Dhoni past his best
Mann 2nd or 3rd odi.
Jadeja has never really done anything special with the bat in the lower order for india, by all report he doesn't even believe he good enough to bat for india.
Rahane injured his hand earlier
R dhawan 2nd game
B Kumar never really gonna win the game.

Weirdly enough it was The aussies commentator that called it they said if india gets Kohli and Dhawan out they can put pressure on the indian team because of the long tail.
India only really have 4 batsman you get 3 wickets and you pretty much get them all out right now.

Feel that they are trying to focus on youth in this series and this has backfired quite a bit. With Raina and Yuvraj Singh in the side this would all have been different.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby bigfluffylemon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Well, that was dramatic. Unbelievable really.

Even with the wickets of Dharwan, Dhoni and Kohli in five balls, India should have had more than enough batting to see them home comfortably - a run a ball 70 with six wickets in hand, you'd have to expect Australia, or indeed most teams in the world would do that comfortably. But they panicked - instead of just pushing it around for singles, rotating the strike and picking off the bad ball, which is all they had to do, the lower middle order all perished trying to hit boundaries. Perhaps this smacks of inexperience, and it was unfortunate that Rahane was injured, but it was poor cricket nonetheless.

Jadeja was baffling at the end. He didn't try to farm the strike at all when it was just him and the bowlers - he kept taking singles from the first ball and letting the likes of B. Kumar and Yadav face five balls - which was then five balls of swing-and-miss. At that stage he should have either perished trying to find the boundaries that India needed to stay in the game, or hit them. Almost looked as if he was batting for a not-out, or had completely given up on the game. Again, you can't imagine Australia giving up with 36 to go off three overs, one finisher and the bowlers at the crease. Just look at the Gabba in 2014 with Faulkner and McKay http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2 ... 36160.html
2022 Big Bash League FL
2023 Women's T20 World Cup FL
bigfluffylemon

Team(s) Supported: England. Australia.
Any team playing good cricket in the right spirit.

Postby bigfluffylemon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:30 pm

2022 Big Bash League FL
bigfluffylemon

Postby GarlicJam » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:20 am

Enjoy yourself, Fluffy?
Maybe
GarlicJam

Postby bigfluffylemon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:31 am

GarlicJam wrote:Enjoy yourself, Fluffy?

Indeed, yes. It was much more entertaining than the previous three games in this series. And the crowd was excellent, as was the atmosphere - it always is when India play. Even normally reserved Canberra had quite the party atmosphere going :)

Manuka will need to up it's game facilities-wise if it wants to host more international cricket, though. The lines for the food and drink were ridiculous for much of the day, and there aren't enough toilets - they had portables set up inside the main gate.
2022 Big Bash League FL
bigfluffylemon

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 am

Looks a handy debut for Jasprit, who's a new name to me.

And Mitch3's first international ton. Well done to him.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches