WI tour of Australia, Dec 2 - Jan 7

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: WI tour of Australia, Dec 2 - Jan 7

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:31 am

The West Indies don't look like taking a wicket. This is awful.
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2009 India vs SL ODI prediction guru
2010 Australia vs Pakistan Test Prediction guru
2012 Big Bash fantasy guru
2013 Big Bash fantasy guru
2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:38 am

Steve Smith = superstar!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it." Al Czervik, aka Rodney Dangerfield in "Caddyshack" (1980)

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Team(s) Supported: Aussie cricket team, Liverpool FC (it's a long story) and the mighty blue boys in the AFL. I like watching good teams performing well. An advid fan of the Olympic Games. Looking forward to Rio in 2016 & Tokyo in 2020!

Postby from_the_stands » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:42 am

dan08 wrote:Voges averages 481 against West Indies.

Some boofhead on twitter just suggested that the Windies must view Voges like the Ewoks did with C3PO in Return of the Jedi.

2017 IPL fantasy guru
from_the_stands

Postby Gingerfinch » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:33 am

Doesn't get any better for the windies. I haven't seen one ball bowled but the scorecard tells a story.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby GarlicJam » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:42 am

Same here, Finchy, dire stuff for the Winds. As bad as was predicted pre-tour.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Gingerfinch » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:07 am

GarlicJam wrote:Same here, Finchy, dire stuff for the Winds. As bad as was predicted pre-tour.

Sadly a tour from the west indies these days doesn't get me excited, unlike years ago. I expect it's the same for most Aussie Cricket followers?
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby alfie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 am

I've watched most of it - and can admire a professional performance all round from Australia ... but can't get too excited. Unfortunately the West Indies just don't look like competing at all .

I feel sorry for Holder , who tried hard with the ball but had scant support. easy to say (as I would) that Samuels and Roach are not worth persevering with : harder to nominate replacements. Nevertheless those are two changes I would make...they aren't going to improve now so blooding someone (anyone !) else can hardly be worse...
alfie

Postby mikesiva » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:51 am

Making_Splinters wrote:After watching Endland South Africa for most of the day, gosh this is soporific: Holder is bowling good lines and lengths but at his pace on a true surface he isn't going to draw many a false stroke, Taylor bowls the odd dangerous ball but he's primarily a swing and seam bowler and when there is nothing going on he is another 80 something right armer, Roach is done at this level for my money, he simply does not do enough with the ball to be bowling low 80s.

Without Samuels to turn to to give another option, I'd throw the ball to Braithwaite just for something different. They need to get some fielders up off the fence to give the batsmen at least a pause for thought.

No mention of Warrican...just shows how ineffective this left-arm spinner has been.

Just when you think it can't get any worse...it does!
:no
alfie is right...the potential replacements don't instill much confidence. Shai Hope?

But I do believe that Cummins will play next Test....
Nobody has a stance quite like the mighty Shivnarine....

Australia-New Zealand ODI's Prediction Guru
2009 spring chess league guru
Pakistan vs Australia ODI's Prediction Guru
World 20/20 Prediction Guru
2010-2011 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2011 French Open tennis prediction guru
2011 Bang vs WI combined fantasy guru
2012 Caribbean T20 fantasy guru
2012 Euros prediction guru
2012-2013 final places Premiership footy prediction guru
2013 Champions League prediction guru
2013 chess mini-tournament guru
2014 Eng-SL combined fantasy guru
2014 chess mini-tournament guru
2017 Australian Open tennis guru
mikesiva

Team(s) Supported: First - West Indies
Joint Second - England, Sri Lanka

Postby Aidan11 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:41 am

This is quite a pasting.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 am

mikesiva wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:After watching Endland South Africa for most of the day, gosh this is soporific: Holder is bowling good lines and lengths but at his pace on a true surface he isn't going to draw many a false stroke, Taylor bowls the odd dangerous ball but he's primarily a swing and seam bowler and when there is nothing going on he is another 80 something right armer, Roach is done at this level for my money, he simply does not do enough with the ball to be bowling low 80s.

Without Samuels to turn to to give another option, I'd throw the ball to Braithwaite just for something different. They need to get some fielders up off the fence to give the batsmen at least a pause for thought.

No mention of Warrican...just shows how ineffective this left-arm spinner has been.

Just when you think it can't get any worse...it does!
:no
alfie is right...the potential replacements don't instill much confidence. Shai Hope?

But I do believe that Cummins will play next Test....

Warrican bowled honestly but didn't get much turn or bounce so wasn't posing difficult questions for the batsmen.

The West Indies look like a side who don't want to be there, aside from Bravo, Holder and Braithwaite I'd drop the lot of them.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:55 am

Gingerfinch wrote:
GarlicJam wrote:Same here, Finchy, dire stuff for the Winds. As bad as was predicted pre-tour.

Sadly a tour from the west indies these days doesn't get me excited, unlike years ago. I expect it's the same for most Aussie Cricket followers?

Strange to think that we couldn't beat them at the start of the year when you see such an abject performance at the end of it!
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:01 pm

West Indies are competitive at home though. But it was still a poor result for England. I wonder if a tour to Australia (or SA, or England) is in WI best interests currently.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby dan08 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:West Indies are competitive at home though. But it was still a poor result for England. I wonder if a tour to Australia (or SA, or England) is in WI best interests currently.

They aren't competitive at home. England were just hopeless.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby The Professor » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:09 pm

It is clear that, in the eyes of Australia, this is becoming a warm up for India.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:West Indies are competitive at home though. But it was still a poor result for England. I wonder if a tour to Australia (or SA, or England) is in WI best interests currently.

Right now, the West Indies look like a side that are beaten before they even take the field. If you look past the fall out of the WICB and the players not getting on the tragic thing is you have a 24 year old captain who is the only player on the field you can say is giving 100% effort. How can any side progress when their two senior players very visibly do not want to be there. Samuels and Taylor are the only players in this side over 31, Samuels saunters round the field like he wants to be playing in the BBL and Taylor can't even be bothered to watch what is going on during a tour game after they had just been pasted in the previous Test.

How can you expect to see any improvement when these two supposedly senior players are setting such a piss poor example. A lot of people have leveled the accusation that KP was a similiar influence on the England side, but at least when he was on the field you knew he was giving 100% to help the team win.

The WICB need to stop saying they are going to support Holder and actually do it by dumping the toxic senior players and getting the players who have be cast out despite being comfortably better than anyone in the side back into the set up.
Making_Splinters

Rugby - Sale , England

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches