SA tour of India, Sept 29-Dec 7

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: SA tour of India, Sept 29-Dec 7

Postby Dr Cricket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:44 pm

backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:SA just go home, what a pathetic team they been an absolute disgrace with their attidute in this series.

Given some of indias away performances this seems harsh

Had south Africa produced a load of green tops the same thing would have happened to India

not being harsh at all.
When india gives pathetic peformances away from home/alien conditions their are rightly critized same with Australia or other teams.

Their nothing wrong with losing but SA batting performance and attitude to this tour been shocking, it needs to be said.

I criticized india a lot when their lost in Old Trafford/Oval.
I even defended their series loss in SA, NZ and Aus because their showed fight and actually played well.
if SA did the same, I would say the same thing.

If SA actually showed some fight with the bat and actually tried to bat like international cricketers I wouldn't be saying what I said.
Don't you think it is bit odd that SA for the first time for a very long time in India or Asia batted this poorly.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby andy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Originally thought it was harsh that they left out Harmer for this test, however Piedt has come in and done well....i know they are both offie's but maybe it would have been better to play Piedt and Harmer together, rather than Tahir...because Amla clearly has no confidence in bowling Tahir..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby Dr Cricket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Ironic aspect is that India/BCCI were clearly panicky too much about Amla and De villers.
they were scared that flatter deck would have SA scoring loads in the first innings.
found a good tweet saying that the Mohali/Nagpur test pitches probably reduced the margins between the teams.
seeing what Sa produced here they would have gotten hammered in Banglore and any normal deck in this series.

Suppose it does prove the point how *modded* SA batting and india batting has been in this series, 2 normal/flat decks and both sides struggled in the first innings, SA out 220 in Banglore and india top 6-7 failing in the Delhi test.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby backfootpunch » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:22 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
backfootpunch wrote:
bhaveshgor wrote:SA just go home, what a pathetic team they been an absolute disgrace with their attidute in this series.

Given some of indias away performances this seems harsh

Had south Africa produced a load of green tops the same thing would have happened to India

not being harsh at all.
When india gives pathetic peformances away from home/alien conditions their are rightly critized same with Australia or other teams.

Their nothing wrong with losing but SA batting performance and attitude to this tour been shocking, it needs to be said.

I criticized india a lot when their lost in Old Trafford/Oval.
I even defended their series loss in SA, NZ and Aus because their showed fight and actually played well.
if SA did the same, I would say the same thing.

If SA actually showed some fight with the bat and actually tried to bat like international cricketers I wouldn't be saying what I said.
Don't you think it is bit odd that SA for the first time for a very long time in India or Asia batted this poorly.

i dont think it is odd, their batting line up no longer has graeme smith and jacques kallis

the batsmen that have replaced them are not used to spinning conditions and they played on some pitches that have turned so much the indian batsmen have only managed one hundred in 4 test matches and have only passed 300 once

considering the difference in the quality of the two teams spinners i would say the indian batsmen have been just as poor as the south african ones

south africas spinners are poor and have been consistently bowling india out for less than 250, so south africa getting bowled out cheaply against vastly superior bowlers in unfamiliar conditions with amla and faf hopelessly out of form is not a surprise at all

the big surprise has been amla but everyone is allowed a bad series
2011 pak vs sl odi fantasy guru 2012 Pak vs SL test fantasy guru
2012 NZ vs SA test fantasy guru 2015 Australia vs NZ test fantasy guru
2012 masters golf fantasy guru 2015 New Zealand vs Sri Lanka combined fantasy guru
2011/12 premier league(external) fantasy guru
2012 Eng vs WI test fanstasy guru
euro 2012 (external) fantasy league guru

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."- Keith Miller
backfootpunch

Team(s) Supported: england, warwickshire, birmingham city

Postby meninblue » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Jaddu had taken 3 ten + wickets hauls in 3 starting Ranji matches this season. Saffers had to face one such bowler in stupendous form. Ashwin also was in good form. The difference in quality and form of our two spin bowlers has made South Africa looked dismal. Although our batting was not great, but relatively our batsmen were still much better than theirs.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:15 pm

backfootpunch would agree with your point if the batsman actually showed like their were learning and not doing stupid stuff.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby shankycricket » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Faf is not out of form. He had a very good ODI series on flatter decks. He is just poor against spin in spin friendly conditions in Tests. He had 1 fifty in 7 test innings in UAE and SL prior to this tour on pitches much flatter than these so its no surprise to see him fail on these tracks. Amla is horribly out of form.
Cricket Quiz Season 1 Winner

"If Australia avoid playing big teams at Chennai and Delhi, we have a great chance to win the World T20. Only missing trophy from the cabinet" Shanky Dundee, on twitter.
shankycricket

Team(s) Supported: Australian Cricket and Rafael Nadal

Postby The Professor » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Sounds a weirdly contradictory thing to say after such a superb India performance but South Africa HAVE the far better team.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

Postby dan08 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:53 pm

365notout wrote:Sounds a weirdly contradictory thing to say after such a superb India performance but South Africa HAVE the far better team.

In their own conditions they do. SA's seam attack is better than India's but their batting, keeping and spin bowling is all inferior.
2011 Sri Lanka v Australia ODI FL guru
2011 India v West Indies ODI FL guru
2012 Bangladesh Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 West Indies v New Zealand Test FL guru
2012 Sri Lanka Premier League T20 FL guru
2012 India v England Test FL guru
2014 Australian Open Tennis FL guru
2014 Australia v England T20 FL guru
2017 ICC Champions Trophy FL guru
dan08

Team(s) Supported: England, Kent, Malaysia, Manchester United

Postby Dr Cricket » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:04 am

Their keeper better if quinton de kock or Villiers plays.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:35 am

A couple of quick wickets. With VJ out, I imagine no one now averages over 40 in this series.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby andy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:12 am

126-4, Kohli and Rahane re-building
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

andy

West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby andy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 am

50 for Kohli :salute

andy

West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby andy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:12 am

lead gone past 350, India cruising... However Tahir has been much better this time round, bowled with control, and done a decent holding job, but isn't picking up the wickets required

andy

West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby The Professor » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:13 am

Rahane and Kohli faced the same amunt of balls but there is 40 runs difference between them.
"It has been said of the unseen army of the dead, on their everlasting march, that when they are passing a rural cricket ground the Englishman falls out of the ranks for a moment to look over the gate and smile."
The Professor

Team(s) Supported: England
Kent

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches