Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 am

rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:
rich1uk wrote:if I was an indian fan my biggest worry would be that atm they don't look to have a clue what the bowling line-up should be , and that's with only a couple of games to go

obviously with the format being what it is there are 6 more games to sort it out before they play a match that means anything but the side doesn't look settled at all

Is anybody predicting an upset in the groups?

England might win more than 3 games ;)

That may happen.

I'm not up on the associates, but there is normally a shock at every world cup.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby KipperJohn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 am

I thought England got a bonus point against India -how many points did india get for a washed out game? How does it work that India get to the final if they beat England?
KipperJohn

Postby rich1uk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 am

KipperJohn wrote:I thought England got a bonus point against India -how many points did india get for a washed out game? How does it work that India get to the final if they beat England?

you get 4 points for a win, 2 points for a tie/no result and only 1 point for the bonus

so india got 2 points for the washout England on 5 for the win + bonus point

so if india win they go to 6 points
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:14 am

rich1uk wrote:if I was an indian fan my biggest worry would be that atm they don't look to have a clue what the bowling line-up should be , and that's with only a couple of games to go

obviously with the format being what it is there are 6 more games to sort it out before they play a match that means anything but the side doesn't look settled at all

For some odd reason not that worried about the bowling india got a habit especially under Dhoni for the bowling to perform well in icc events even with crap bowling attack not sure what dhoni does or says but Joginder Sharma, All the seam bowlers in the 2011 world cup, 2013 champions trophy which had the same bowlers in this world cup barring Shami.
I more worried about the squad picked, Vijay should have been included batting depth looks so weak.

Robert not sure india had a bad australian summer they literally had one bad game played well in all the test matches in australia. Bowling was very bad though but if batting click in odi bad bowling can be worked with unlike in the test matches.
plus india had injury worries Dhoni hasn't risked anyone with a slight niggles Rohit Sharma, Jadeja, Ishant have all been rested/not been fit enough to play odi.
I might be a bit Bias but I reckon Ishant Sharma is the key man and the other 2 will make india far stronger team than the current starting eleven.

Anyway happy to agree to disagree just not sure you read much into one game.
Last edited by Dr Cricket on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby rich1uk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:15 am

Dr Robert wrote:
rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:

That may happen.

I wouldn't put a lot of money on England beating aus, NZ or SL. Ireland are always fired up for a game against us and with our record against spin then Bangladesh isn't a given

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 am

bhaveshgor wrote:

For some odd reason not that worried about the bowling india got a habit especially under Dhoni for the bowling to perform well in icc events even with crap bowling attack not sure what dhoni does or says but Joginder Sharma, All the seam bowlers in the 2011 world cup, 2013 champions trophy which had the same bowlers in this world cup barring Shami.
I more worried about the squad picked Vijay should have been included batting depth looks so weak.

Robert not sure india had a bad australian summer they literally had one bad game played well in all the test matches in australia. Bowling was very bad though but if batting click in odi bad bowling can be worked with unlike in the test matches.
plus india had injury worries Dhoni hasn't risked anyone with a slight niggles Rohit Sharma, Jadeja, Ishant have all been rested/not been fit enough to play odi.
I might be a bit Bias but I reckon Ishant Sharma is the key man and the other 2 will make india far stronger team than the current starting eleven.

Anyway happy to agree to disagree just not sure you read much into one game.

You never had the Aussies in real trouble though. Relying on Kohli, and Vijay for runs, unaided by a poor attack. But this is 50 over stuff, so can't compare.
Gingerfinch

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:19 am

Dr Robert wrote:
rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:

That may happen.

Ireland vs West indies possible.
Afghanistan vs anyone literally they are like pakistan so unpredictable.
They have bowlers to win games and batsman that can destroy teams but just never consistent enough.
If ICC were interested in expanding the game Afghanistan would be my favorite to get test match status next.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 am

rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:
rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:

That may happen.

I wouldn't put a lot of money on England beating aus, NZ or SL. Ireland are always fired up for a game against us and with our record against spin then Bangladesh isn't a given

I know england playing Sri lanka in NZ but not sure you can say sri lanka are fav against england that another 50-50 game which is probably the key game in that group which decides placing.
Sri lanka have looked quite poor lately and just like india don't know their bowling attack/first eleven I think they playing 3 front line bowlers and 20 overs of part time/all rounders.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:26 am

rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:
rich1uk wrote:
Dr Robert wrote:

That may happen.

I'm not convinced by Sri-Lanka. I know they've just beaten us, but like India, are they relying on one or two players to shine?
Gingerfinch

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:27 am

might be wrong but Rahane scored runs in the test.
Why is Rahane always forgotten or underrated he is india best bat overseas.
Anyway either way india had 2 and 1/2 games if you only talking about ODI.
nearly scored 300 + against australia didn't really see anything that worried me there apart not batting well at the death but give credit to australia Starc bowled well.
One bad game against england happen hopefully it is an one off.
washout against Australia.

Edit plus Lokesh Rahul scored a ton so about 4 different players score tons and India top 5 out batted Australia top 5 not sure you can say it was all kohli/Vijay.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:51 am

SL might be reliant on a couple of players but those players are a bit good

I still worry about them bowling lots of spin against us no matter where the game is being played

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am

rich1uk wrote:SL might be reliant on a couple of players but those players are a bit good

I still worry about them bowling lots of spin against us no matter where the game is being played

At least Ali is better against slow bowling. That's one plus.
Gingerfinch

Postby rich1uk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 pm

for some reason I was convinced we are playing Ireland in the groups but of course we don't

interesting that at the time the groups were drawn Bangladesh were ranked higher than NZ

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 pm

TBH in the world cup conditions/best team might not mean much it will just be about which team wins on the day.
if conditions/best teams was so important New Zealand would never reach that many semi finals.
Don't know but there something about Sri lanka and India in ICC Events which means in a knock out/crucial game I just can't rule out both teams.

I actually think this world cup is quite open apart from Australia all the other teams looked closely matched, literally Australia, India, South Africa, New zealand, England and sri lanka could all win it.

I think it is quite intriguing that all teams barring Aus got big/decent flaw that could stop them winning the cup.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:08 pm

rich1uk wrote:for some reason I was convinced we are playing Ireland in the groups but of course we don't

interesting that at the time the groups were drawn Bangladesh were ranked higher than NZ

yep and England were number 1 in the rankings.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches