Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:27 pm

The ECB chooses the county though. So they can decide whether the tourists play Yorkshire reserves or Leicestershire reserves.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby Aidan11 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Think it's time I boarded the outrage plane.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:The ECB chooses the county though. So they can decide whether the tourists play Yorkshire reserves or Leicestershire reserves.

And they technically got the choice if they provide a lions games or other makeshift players from all the counties doesn't even have to be all first team players.
Could be 1-2 out of form players from national team, fringe players they need to look at, 1-2 promising players and the rest best 2nd 11 players in the country.

Anyway like I said before Warm up games are getting overrated people are asking for warm up games just for the sake of it without looking at the team strength and other factors.
England and ECB have proved that in 2009/10 and 2013/14 when in 09/10 they got the strongest possible sides, settled squad and great practice in the warm up games and the 3-4 warm up games actually worked for them.
2013/14 they didn't think the other team was good enough, unsettled squad, not really great practice in the warm up games and the 3-4 warm up games made no difference to the series.

Nice to see india not take a warm up game and just have 15-17 players playing a game on the wicket instead of wasting 7-8 hours playing a meaningless ODI where india just use 15 players against bad bowling or bad batting opposition and not learning anything at all.

Don't really wanna discus team strength since that wasn't my point but that warm up games are overrated and people think having 2-3 games is a must if a team wants to win which is not the case but having the best preparation possible is why teams wins.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 pm

I'd have them. Get an idea of local conditions. It may be that a couple of games isn't really enough though. Is it a coincidence that tours have been cut down and away sides are winning fewer series? The better side will still win, and you'll never get the sort of acclimatisation that the home team has, but it's better than nothing. Players say that nets can't replicate the time spent in the middle. Some teams are probably wasting these games though.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Arthur Crabtree wrote:I'd have them. Get an idea of local conditions. It may be that a couple of games isn't really enough though. Is it a coincidence that tours have been cut down and away sides are winning fewer series? The better side will still win, and you'll never get the sort of acclimatisation that the home team has, but it's better than nothing. Players say that nets can't replicate the time spent in the middle. Some teams are probably wasting these games though.

I would as well though although technically India are not using nets they got a wam up game but just not any Aussie players.
English lions/Loughborough generally do the same thing abroad since they can't always find 11 players to get a proper game so they just have squad game as warm ups and trainings at tours.

You do make a good point about teams wasting games though which might explains teams using 15 players at warm up games so they get the most out of it especially when sides only have one or two games and not like the old days of 7-8.

It is more of what India are doing/ what English lions do as well do they not count as good preparation especially if the warm up game offered doesn't really give what India are looking for remember they only got 2-4 training days for odi because of the late test schedule taking days away from them.

Just that people in twitter assumed England will do well because they had 2 warm up games and India none but they didn't really understand England need games due to no cricket since 23 dec and none in Australia with India having 4 test and pretty much acclimatised already and do they really need a warm up game to a warm up odi competition, where they don't really have time to a meaningless warm up game against crap opposition.

Just thought it was stupid people correlating warm up games to wins and using England and India prep for the odi tri series.

Although if England do win/beat India in the 2 games we all know why it was the 2 warm up games :lol:

Probably end the convo now but quite funny India fans thinking England have great preparation to the tri series when English fans probably don't think 2 warm up games will make a difference to what they do and bit confused to why anyone thinks India needs one game after 4 test matches and that to in a very busy period where they still got 6 warmup games till World Cup possibly 7 and then 6 group stages matches before the quarters where the real World Cup games start.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby KipperJohn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 am

So while you are out de-frosting the car or shivering at the train station/bus stop or wherever you are before setting off to work, take pity on those poor cricketers in their luxury hotels unable to get a proper warm-up game in Oz. :)
KipperJohn

Postby Aidan11 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 pm

It seems we're playing a warm-up game tonight which wasn't part of the original itinerary.

We're playing the ACT Invitational XI (or more likely XIV).

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/ ... 54745.html
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Making_Splinters » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Bell is to be given the first shot at replacing Cook.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby captaincolly » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Aidan11 wrote:It seems we're playing a warm-up game tonight which wasn't part of the original itinerary.

We're playing the ACT Invitational XI (or more likely XIV).

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/ ... 54745.html

Radio commentary on BBC radio 5 live sports extra from 10.45pm ( UK time obviously)
captaincolly

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, England

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:59 pm

I suspect all the comms and journalist will be moaning tomorrow england playing 13 players.
I really don't understand all the hate of not playing an official list A game/First class game.
Teams don't play warm up games for the media, plus most people at the ground don't really give a crap about the game they generally just want to see international players at the ground.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:09 am

Looks like no live updates on cricinfo. Unless it's raining.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:37 am

Just turned on the radio and it seems Moeen is hitting every ball for a boundary.

Mitchell Phelps? Mitch4?
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:46 am

Fifty for Moeen.

And out
Arthur Crabtree

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:57 am

Ballance and Hales left out of the squad. Thirteen playing.
Arthur Crabtree

Postby The Waugh Twins » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:48 am

Arthur Crabtree wrote:Ballance and Hales left out of the squad. Thirteen playing.

They need some balance in the squad.
The Waugh Twins

Team(s) Supported: United, Giants, Yankees, Galaxy, Oz cricket, CollyWobles

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches