Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Postby Aidan11 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:48 pm

I fell asleep listening to him. And I was only following on Twitter.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby Aidan11 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Here are the "highlights".

Try not to self-harm while watching.

2012 TV Cup Winner
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
Aidan11

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Looks haggard. Looks like he was lying when he said they had a good set of players. Didn't make it all the way through.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:25 am

This promises to be an uplifting and positive thread.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Dr Cricket » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 am

Warm up games are really getting overrated now.
Got blocked by Chetan narula for not agreeing with him that india actually needed a warm up game for the tri series.

Basically india decided to have a net session in the middle of the wicket instead of facing a very weak Australian warm up team.
India only warm up game against england got cancelled because of the change of the test schedule.

Warm up games are only really good if you get good enough oppositions, India will still have a warm up game but just with their own squad using the same wicket that would have been used for the warm up game if they chose to have it.

India had 2 warm up games before the test series and it didn't even mean anything since the batsman couldn't even handle the bowler which gave everyone false hopes can see the same thing happening with the ODI warm up game especially with the big bash and England Warm up game making it even more likely Australia just sending very poor players to the game.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby Aidan11 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:41 am

GarlicJam wrote:This promises to be an uplifting and positive thread.

Wait till we start losing.
2012 TV Cup Winner
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
Aidan11

Postby Making_Splinters » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:Warm up games are really getting overrated now.
Got blocked by Chetan narula for not agreeing with him that india actually needed a warm up game for the tri series.

Basically india decided to have a net session in the middle of the wicket instead of facing a very weak Australian warm up team.
India only warm up game against england got cancelled because of the change of the test schedule.

Warm up games are only really good if you get good enough oppositions, India will still have a warm up game but just with their own squad using the same wicket that would have been used for the warm up game if they chose to have it.

India had 2 warm up games before the test series and it didn't even mean anything since the batsman couldn't even handle the bowler which gave everyone false hopes can see the same thing happening with the ODI warm up game especially with the big bash and England Warm up game making it even more likely Australia just sending very poor players to the game.

India can't complain after the way they treated England on our last tour over there when it comes to warm up games.

It's understandable that warm up games are usually against weaker players, domestic sides don't want their players getting injured in what is to them at least a meaningless match. Warm ups should be against a country's A side.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

Postby Durhamfootman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Aidan11 wrote:Moores: We moved our game in Sri Lanka. There was a change of mindset and Eoin will continue to drive that.

Do people really talk like that?

Steve McLaren does (or did)

Cut from the same cloth those two
2024 Big Bash League FL
2023 County Championship D1 FL
2023 WI-SA combined FL
2023 Big Bash League FL
2022 County Championship D1 FL
2022 T20 Blast FL
2022 Ashes FL
2021 All Year Fantasy Competition
2021 ICC T20 World Cup FL
2021 Big Bash League FL
2020 SA-England combined FL
2020 Caribbean Premier League FL
2019 NZ-England test FL
2019 WI-India combined FL
2019 The Open Golf FL
2019 French Open Tennis FL
2019 Sheffield Shield FL
2019 Players Championship Golf FL
2019 Women's National Cricket League FL
2019 Women's Big Bash League FL
2018 All Year Fantasy Competition
2017 The Open Golf FL
2016 Australia-South Africa test FL
2016 County Championship D1 FL
2016 Indian Premier League FL
2015 County Fantasy Manager
2015 Big Bash League FL
2014 WI-England test and ODI FL
2014 County Championship D2 FL
2013 County Championship D2 FL
2012 Twenty20 Cup FL
Durhamfootman

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC

Postby andy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:51 pm

only difference is i dont think Moores owns an umbrella..
2012 - ENG vs SA ODI series winner
2013 - US Open golf winner, WI vs PAK winner , ENG vs OZ ODI and T20 winner
2015- Open golf championship winner
2017 - OZ vs Pak odi'S, AUS vs NZ ODI, NZ vs SA Tests , WI vs PAK tests
2018 - NZ vs Pak t20 FL winner2018 - SA vs Ind test match fl winner US open golf FL [color=#0000FF] - [color=#FF0000]Open golf FL winner

Essex CCC county champions
andy

Team(s) Supported: Essex CCC
West ham united
Sunrisers Hyderberad
England

Postby GarlicJam » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Making_Splinters wrote:It's understandable that warm up games are usually against weaker players, domestic sides don't want their players getting injured in what is to them at least a meaningless match. Warm ups should be against a country's A side.

Indeed. It is a positive for both (please note, I made the effort to avoid using win/win). Not (theoretically) much of a weaker side, probably a blend of experienced ex-test/fringe players and young up-and-comers, all with a point to prove, all keen to help out their country by denting the confidence/probe for weaknesses of the visiting team. A real challenge, unlike some fixtures that have been arranged.
Maybe
GarlicJam

Team(s) Supported: Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Carlton Blues, Sharkies, The Toon.

Postby Red Devil » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

shankycricket wrote:Hopefully :

Dhawan
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit/Raina/Dhoni
Dhoni/Rohit/Raina
Raina/Dhoni/Rohit
Jadeja (will miss the first few matches, so probably Ashwin)
Axar
Bhuvi
Umesh
Shami

Rayudu
Vijay
Ishant
Ashwin

I'd have Vijay in my squad as the back up opener based on his Test form as a solid fall-back option.in case conditions turn out to be bowler-friendly and FTBs like Dhawan and Rohit start getting exposed. The rest of the squad picks itself. Ishant in ODIs isn't ideal but he is the least worst option we've got and does have a good ODI record in Australia.

:india

dhoni's not going to bat 4. I prefer Rahane opening too, but they will go with Rohit.

you can't play Axar and Jadeja, they are basically identical bowlers so we'd have no variety and the batters would get set against that kind of bowling. Ashwin's not the greatest ODI batter, but I think he'll have to play.

so likely side ... Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahane, Raina, Dhoni, Axar, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Shami, Umesh / Ishant
FL Titles
2008 Ban v NZ ODIs India v Aus Tests India v Eng ODIs
2009 NZ v WI Tests NZ v India ODIs SA v Aust ODIs Aus v WI Tests '08/09 Premier League Football
2010 SA v Eng Tests County Championship Div 1 County Championship Div 2 India v NZ Tests SL v WI Tests
2011 CMS Cricinfo World Cup County Championship Div 2
2012 Pak v Eng Tests SL v Ind ODIs County Championship Div 2 Champs League T20
2013 Ind v Aus Tests NZ v Eng T20/ODI NZ v Eng Tests County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 NZ v WI Tests '13/14 Aus v Eng Tests
2014 NZ v Ind ODIs CMS Cricinfo T20 World Cup County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 Aus MB One Day Cup SL v Eng ODIs
2015 CMS Cricinfo ODI World Cup Eng v NZ combined Natwest T20
2016 Big Bash T20 Sheffield Shield Kia Womens T20 Natwest T20 Blast County Fantasy Manager WI v Pak T20/ODI combined Rio Olympics
2017 Womens Big Bash T20 Womens ODI World Cup Eng v WI Tests County Championship Div 1 Eng v WI ODIs Aus JLT One Day Cup Ind v SL Tests NZ v WI Tests Ind v SL T20s
2018 Aus v Eng ODIs Womens Big Bash T20 Trans Tasman T20s Sheffield Shield Pak v WI T20s NZ v Eng Tests Eng v Aus ODIs Royal London County One Day WI v Ban Test/ODI Combined Women's Super League T20 Natwest T20 Blast Caribbean Premier League T20 County Championship Div 1 Women's T20 World Cup '17/18 Premier League Fantasy Football
2019 NZ v SL Test/ODI Combined WI v Eng Tests Big Bash T20 NZ v Ban Tests ICC World Cup Single Wicket Women's Big Bash T20 All Year Fant Comp
2020 Big Bash T20 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI Bob Willis Trophy Natwest T20 Blast Aus v Ind ODI/T20 Combined
2021 Ind v Eng ODIs
Red Junior's Titles
2016 Eng v Pak ODIs (aged 6)
2017 Eng v SA Tests Ind v NZ ODIs
2018 Aus JLT One Day Cup
2019 NZ v Eng T20s Aus Marsh One Day Cup
2020 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI IPL T20
Red Twins Titles
2021 Aus v Ind Tests (aged 7) Ind v Eng T20s
Red Devil

Team(s) Supported: India, Manchester United

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 am

Making_Splinters wrote:
India can't complain after the way they treated England on our last tour over there when it comes to warm up games.

It's understandable that warm up games are usually against weaker players, domestic sides don't want their players getting injured in what is to them at least a meaningless match. Warm ups should be against a country's A side.

India not complaining since they chose not to have a warm up game because the players that were offered to them, they generally don't like warm up games anyway.
Plus a bit rich coming from england considering england send Counties 2nd or 3rd 11.
if I am right I believe india sent strong warm up games only the pitches were flat and seam friendly + no spinners were given, which australia did the same before last ashes series which many English journalist said it was fine when they picked no genuine quick to mirror the australian attack.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-eng ... 65801.html
that was a strong team but with no spinner
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-eng ... 65802.html
like wise with Shikhar Dhawan and pujara playing a game
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-eng ... 65803.html
Haryana 1st eleven

TBH if the opposition team want stronger team the country/counties should provide it.
I think from current teams only England like warm up games and generally want a strong team to test them and all teams should provide it to them if they request it although if the board chooses to doctor warm up pitches or don't pick certain type of bowlers it is up to them although those kind of things are quite sad especially in a warm up scenario.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:04 am

bhaveshgor wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:

India not complaining since they chose not to have a warm up game because the players that were offered to them, they generally don't like warm up games anyway.
Plus a bit rich coming from england considering england send Counties 2nd or 3rd 11.
if I am right I believe india sent strong warm up games only the pitches were flat and seam friendly + no spinners were given, which australia did the same before last ashes series which many English journalist said it was fine when they picked no genuine quick to mirror the australian attack.

Haryana 1st eleven

TBH if the opposition team want stronger team the country/counties should provide it.
I think from current teams only England like warm up games and generally want a strong team to test them and all teams should provide it to them if they request it although if the board chooses to doctor warm up pitches or don't pick certain type of bowlers it is up to them although those kind of things are quite sad especially in a warm up scenario.

BiB - England don't send county 2nd or 3rd XIs , the ECB has absolutely nothing to do with what sides the counties field, that is purely down to the counties themselves
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:31 am

rich1uk wrote:

BiB - England don't send county 2nd or 3rd XIs , the ECB has absolutely nothing to do with what sides the counties field, that is purely down to the counties themselves[/quote]

I meant england can't complain either since Counties do it all the time.
Although I think ECB has some say considering I remember ECB chief offering a deal to CA saying you give us strong teams and we give you a strong team.
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/ecb-chie ... 2014-05-14

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/ ... 14-78.html
Although we have to see what kind of team ECB or the counties provide.

PS ECB doesn't always have to provide counties it could be prime minister eleven/english lions.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby Making_Splinters » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:17 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
Making_Splinters wrote:

Haryana 1st eleven

Teams the counties select are nothing to do with the ECB, as noted above, it's understandable domestic sides don't put out their top players. So, no, nothing alike compared to with what happened in India.

Counties have limited squads of players, and play quite a lot of cricket a year. Sorry to say, but in this day and age, a tour match means very little to a county.
"It was my opinion it is up to me if I want to justify it or not" - Bhaveshgor
Making_Splinters

Team(s) Supported: Cricket - Lancshire , England
Rugby - Sale , England

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches