Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Pak & Zim in Eng

Re: Australia/England/India Tri Series Jan/Feb 2015

Postby rich1uk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:34 pm

bhaveshgor wrote:
rich1uk wrote:I know this wont be a majority opinion but I am still unconvinced about moeen opening

he is very much hit or miss, on his day will make a quick 60-70, if his luck doesn't hold he will get next to nothing. he tries to over-hit everything imo and only reason it works is we have two guys like taylor and root coming in behind him who can absorb the loss of an early wicket. I want our openers to be positive but I do think he would do better if he just chilled a little and wasn't trying to hit every ball out of the ground.

Yep saw this in the last game he trying to hard to score runs that he playing and missing a lot.
Although got a feeling he only doing it because of Moores/ Media.
Everyone now expect him to score quickly all the time and he trying to do it every game, he never really batted like this for Worcestershire so must be either a plan by moores or he feeling the pressure and the media perception of him being a pinch hitter/aggressor is getting to him and he thinks his job/role is to do it all the time.

Ian bell should have had a word with him during the middle last game but then again he did hit 3 sixes in row so he probably a genius/type of player england need in the top 6 especially with buttler batting down the order and not really having time to win games.
If Ali becomes more smart he will be a quality ODI player he just to inexperienced right now.

yeah I just think he is a better batsman than just trying to be a pinch hitter and could still play aggressively even having a bit better shot selection
"I know words, i have the best words" - Donald J Trump

2012 SA vs SL ODIs prediction guru 2012 Movie Cup
2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
2012 WI vs Oz Tests prediction guru
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:42 pm

shankycricket wrote:Agree on Binny, bhavesh. Certainly looks technically more accomplished than Dhawan or Rayudu. But Dhawan at 4, away from the moving ball may be worth a shout.

Yadav should be nowhere near the side.
rich1uk wrote:the only people under-estimating india bhav are indian fans , and shanks has always been the most pessimistic poster on here about his own team's chances , no matter who they were at the time ;)

India haven't won any of their last 10 ODIs in Aus, SA or NZ. As you say the format gives us a chance but we really aren't that good a side in these conditions. Our test team looked more competitive in SA and NZ than the ODI side last winter. And this tri series seems to be following a similar pattern too.

Dhawan at 4 isn't a bad shout but think india should try to fit binny in top 6 if they can especially if his batting is better or similar to Dhawan/Rayudu but it does make india batting look fragile and weak although India would bat deep and have 6 bowling options.

Yep many people are forgetting india were dreadful overseas they only really played well in england in the last 3 years, I thought it might been an one off because of the test series but this tri series as shown it isn't an one off.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Team(s) Supported: India

Postby rich1uk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:00 am

toss delayed by rain

suggestions it will be tough to get a full game in today

seen a few comments from people in Adelaide saying its karma after taking the traditional Australia day game away from them

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby meninblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:01 am

:fight
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Arthur Crabtree » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:01 am

Raining in Sydney. A washout would be pretty handy for India.
I always say that everybody's right.
Arthur Crabtree

Team(s) Supported: Yorkshire.

Postby rich1uk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 am

nick knight back to talking bollox

saying that ODI cricket is moving towards test cricket with teams picking test openers in their ODI teams rather than going out very aggressively and using pinch hitters at the top like when he played

look at England, india, Australia and SA, there are only 2 openers in their current teams who also open in tests

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:33 am

TBH Sky sports comm generally talk bollox regarding ODI they never seem to grasp that England are the odd one out in terms of ODI pitches and types of games.

I remember it use to make me cringe in 2012 and 13 when they mention Test match Standard openers/Test match Bowlers and the ball hooping and moving around in Aus/NZ.
Which I found odd at the time considering Aus/NZ pitches are flat.
England got so carried away with home conditions which probably cost them in the end since they gave Bresnan and another player far too bigger rope in the team.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:34 am

bhaveshgor wrote:TBH Sky sports comm generally talk bollox regarding ODI they never seem to grasp that England are the odd one out in terms of ODI pitches and types of games.

but what he is saying doesn't even apply to England as we don't have a test match opener opening in the ODI team

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby meninblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:38 am

Two new balls has definitely influenced ODI cricket. Pace bowlers are at advantage as ball stays new for long time. But reverse swing is delayed as a result. Spin bowlers are the worst affected because even if they are introduced in 25th over they have to bowl with a 12 overs old ball and that too with field restrictions. imo it has made teams think more abut team combinations, strategies etc . Many teams are still adjusting to all those changes.
Test FL's - 8 , ODI and Tests Combo FL's - 1, ODI World Cup - 1, ODI FL's - 7, ODI and T20i combo FL's - 1 ,
T20 Franchisee FL's - 7, T20i Cup FL's- 1, T20 FL's- 5 , 50 Overs Domestic FL's - 1, 40 Overs Domestic FL's- 1
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:41 am

That is why I said Test match Standard openers since Nasser Hussain, Nick Knight both said Ian Bell is a test match standard opener.
Rohit, Rahane, Bell, Warner and other have also been called Test match standard openers by Hussian/Knight.

They probably trying to say team needs 2 players with good technique opening although not sure why they always say Test match Standard openers and then say Bell, Rohit, Rahane fit the bill afterwards just makes no sense.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

Postby rich1uk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:44 am

clubcricketeradi wrote:Two new balls has definitely influenced ODI cricket. Pace bowlers are at advantage as ball stays new for long time. But reverse swing is delayed as a result. Spin bowlers are the worst affected because even if they are introduced in 25th over they have to bowl with a 12 overs old ball and that too with field restrictions. imo it has made teams think more abut team combinations, strategies etc . Many teams are still adjusting to all those changes.

I don't think it is as much of an advantage for the bowlers adi

the white ball doesn't seem to swing or seam as much as the red ball and having newer balls which stay harder for longer helps the batsmen just as much

2012 CB series guru
2012 Music Cup
rich1uk

Postby meninblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 am

rich1uk wrote:
clubcricketeradi wrote:Two new balls has definitely influenced ODI cricket. Pace bowlers are at advantage as ball stays new for long time. But reverse swing is delayed as a result. Spin bowlers are the worst affected because even if they are introduced in 25th over they have to bowl with a 12 overs old ball and that too with field restrictions. imo it has made teams think more abut team combinations, strategies etc . Many teams are still adjusting to all those changes.

I don't think it is as much of an advantage for the bowlers adi

the white ball doesn't seem to swing or seam as much as the red ball and having newer balls which stay harder for longer helps the batsmen just as much

Depends on whether batter likes pace or spin to bat against. And who bowlers are. Overall the technique has got more importance now for openers.

There are lot of changes in balls too with regards to lacquer user and layer, then how pronounced the seam of ball is. Now they have some degree of water proof balls to reduce dew factor as well as too much issue even if rains slightly.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:53 am

Sir Jadeja is back as Axar has not grabbed the chances so far in this series.
meninblue

Postby meninblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:53 am

Sir Jadeja is back
meninblue

Postby Dr Cricket » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:54 am

clubcricketeradi wrote:Sir Jadeja is back as Axar has not grabbed the chances so far in this series.

Axar is playing no Ashwin.
Axar bowled well just looked out of depth when batting.

Ashwin is competing with Axar/binny.

1 Cricket Major
2019 IPL Season.

Dr Cricket

PreviousNext

Return to Live Cricket Matches