Football league 2014/15

The beautiful game!

Re: Football league 2014/15

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:Thought we were going to lose top place last night but I guess Derby will be happy with a draw after being 3-1 down. Now if Birmingham can beat Middlesbrough tonight which I'm not expecting this league will be tighter than a tight thing in tights.

Just been speaking to the derby fan at work. He was disappointed in not getting three points, but at the same time, relieved. With 15 games to go, or thereabouts, a lot can happen.

Although I'm not quite sure where he would have fitted into our side I would have loved it if we'd signed Tom Ince on loan before Derby got him, a really good player at this level, still waiting to make his breakthrough in the Premier League. He has been a real bonus at Derby so far and when Blackpool came down to Dean Court last season he was by far and away the highest quality player on the pitch.

Derby got Darren Bent, and Ince on loan. Two cracking additions.
2014 SA-Oz Tests fantasy guru
Gingerfinch

Team(s) Supported: Wycombe Wanderers.

Postby sussexpob » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:
sussexpob wrote:Ill say it again... Norwich will win the Championship

Nah!

Since Hooper got back to full fitness they have closed the gap on top by about 10 points, and even when they went 2 games out of ten winning earlier, they had something like 4 x shots on goal as their opposition.....

They are miles the best team
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

And a hat and bra to you too, my good sirs!
sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....
England and Norway at everything else

Postby Gingerfinch » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:11 pm

How can they be the best team by miles, and not be in the top 5?

Birmingham are one up. Good news for the rest of the top teams.
Gingerfinch

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:How can they be the best team by miles, and not be in the top 5?

Birmingham are one up. Good news for the rest of the top teams.

Middlesbrough have levelled and have been down to 10 men for the whole of the second half. Take that result if it stays the same, keeps the top teams squashed together.
budgetmeansbudget

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire CCC
AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Havant & Waterlooville FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby sussexpob » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:52 pm

[quote="Gingerfinch"]How can they be the best team by miles, and not be top 5/quote]

They made the wrong manager appointment and had a few injuries. By squad, they are much better than anyone imo and will continue to go upwards
2010 French Open fantasy league guru 2010 Wimbledon fantasy league guru 2014 Masters golf fantasy guru 2015 Players Championship FL Guru 2016 Masters Golf Fantasy Guru

sussexpob

Team(s) Supported: Sussex and England Cricket, Vålerenga Fotball/FC Barcelona/Seagulls! ....

Postby sussexpob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Middlesbrough lost, Bournemouth losing, Derby losing, Ipswich losing...... if the final whistle was now, then its a bad day at the top

sussexpob

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:56 pm

And Watford and Norwich drawing.

Own goal by Arthur Boruc for the second Brentford goal I understand. I reckon he's close to being dropped due to some very shaky recent performances. Not commanding his area, doesn't talk to his defenders and some poor decision making could lead to a recall for Camp.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby sussexpob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Norwich go 2-0 up, this is a huge potential win failing a comeback of epic proportions. Derby score to level, can they get a winner with 20 to play?

3 points away from Automatic promotion, 4 points off top.... and Middlesbrough, Derby, Ipswich all have to go to Carrow Road, with Norwich's last team against anyone above current 12th place (Blackburn) the toughest away day they have....

That 33-1 I took a punt on a Christmas is looking a steal

sussexpob

Postby sussexpob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Derby come back to 3-2.... Keeper sent off and penalty.... should be 3 points now

sussexpob

Postby Aidan11 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Another defeat and the slow death continues.
2010 Ind v Oz fantasy league
2011-12 internal Prem footy prediction league
2012 US Open Golf Prediction league
2012 Eng vs WI ODIs fantasy league
2012 TV Cup Winner
2012 CC Final Placings Prediction league
2014 Eng v India Test FL
2014 Royal London One Day Cup FL
2014 Ryder Cup FL
2015 Ashes Test FL
2015 County Championship Division 1 FL
2016 SA v Eng Test FL
2016 Eng v SL Test FL
2016 Eng v SL ODI FL
2022 County Championship Div 2 FL
2023 County Championship Div 2 FL
Aidan11

Team(s) Supported: Durham CCC, Hartlepool United

Postby st_brendy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:25 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:And Watford and Norwich drawing.

Own goal by Arthur Boruc for the second Brentford goal I understand. I reckon he's close to being dropped due to some very shaky recent performances. Not commanding his area, doesn't talk to his defenders and some poor decision making could lead to a recall for Camp.

You get spells like that from Artur. But then suddenly he'll pull off a couple of worldie's, and be absolutely fine (distribution aside) for a run of matches.
2012 F1 prediction guru
2011 F1 prediction guru
2014 Prem final placings prediction guru

Thanks for everything Pothas. You'll be missed. My nickname for you was apt and I will never forget it. For the last time, arise Sir Nic.
st_brendy

Southampton FC
Roger Federer

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:34 pm

st_brendy wrote:
budgetmeansbudget wrote:And Watford and Norwich drawing.

You get spells like that from Artur. But then suddenly he'll pull off a couple of worldie's, and be absolutely fine (distribution aside) for a run of matches.

He had a decent second half by all accounts, its just in recent weeks when I'm sat behind him he doesn't command his goal the way he did when he first arrived, and doesn't communicate with his defenders enough for me.

Probably need a couple of loan signings to freshen up things after we did nothing in the transfer window even with money avaialable, but we won't sign anybody unless they are absolutely the right fit, which I'm happy about.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby Gingerfinch » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:20 pm

sussexpob wrote:Derby come back to 3-2.... Keeper sent off and penalty.... should be 3 points now

Derby will win the league, imo of course.
Gingerfinch

Postby budgetmeansbudget » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Gingerfinch wrote:
sussexpob wrote:Derby come back to 3-2.... Keeper sent off and penalty.... should be 3 points now

I know you reckon Derby and Sussex thinks Norwich. As someone who has seen most of the top teams I don't have a clue. If Norwich keep this run going then they could clinch it, but I still reckon there's going to be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season, and I still don't rule us out even with our recent dip in form. Suffice to say its all set up for one or two teams to go on the traditional end of season run which will clinch themselves automatic promotion. And then of course they've got a season of losing more games than they win to look forward to!

See your boys held on for victory today Finchy, cementing your spot in the automatic promotion places for the time being.
budgetmeansbudget

AFC Bournemouth
Livingston FC
Poole Town FC
Chicago Bears
Poole Pirates

Postby Gingerfinch » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 pm

budgetmeansbudget wrote:
Gingerfinch wrote:

I know you reckon Derby and Sussex thinks Norwich. As someone who has seen most of the top teams I don't have a clue. If Norwich keep this run going then they could clinch it, but I still reckon there's going to be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season, and I still don't rule us out even with our recent dip in form. Suffice to say its all set up for one or two teams to go on the traditional end of season run which will clinch themselves automatic promotion. And then of course they've got a season of losing more games than they win to look forward to!

See your boys held on for victory today Finchy, cementing your spot in the automatic promotion places for the time being.

Yeah, closed the gap at the top, plus Wimbledon beat Luton. A good day for us.
Gingerfinch

PreviousNext

Return to Football Forum