County Fantasy Manager 2013

All competitions - pit your wits against the rest :)

Re: New style fantasy league

Postby ianp1970 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Auction

Okay. This is how the auction is going to work:

£500,000 to spend in an auction that will have a maximum of 4 rounds. The minimum differential level between bids will be £10,000: i.e. you could bid £10,000, £50,000 or £250,000 for a player, but not £25,000 or £30,001!

Round 1

The highest bidder for a player in round 1 is guaranteed the final bid. They cannot be outbidded without having a chance to counter. This will give a big advantage to people bidding high in round 1 for the top players. It gives them control.

Round 2

In this round people have the chance to outbid the leading bidder. If nobody outbids the leading bidder, that player is won.

Players can also bid for anyone who wasn't bidded for in round 1. If they are the only one, they will win that player. (it would be logical for people to only bid list price for the players who didn't receive a bid in round 1.)

Round 3

In this round the leading bidder from Round 1 can respond to the Round 2 bids by bidding £10,000 more than the highest Round 2 bid, if they choose to, and will automatically win the player.

Any player who didn't receive a bid in round 1, but multiple managers bidded for in round 2, can be bidded on again by anyone who bidded in round 2. The highest bidder will win that player.

Anyone who hadn't been bidded on at this point will go to the highest bidder after this round.

Round 4

This round will just be for anyone who hasn't spent all their money, to pick up any players that are still available. This round will be a blind auction, with the team bidding the most for each player being allocated them.
Sports broadcasting media nut miscast as a hard-working family man. Or should that be the other way around?

2020 Women's T20 World Cup
2019 New Zealand v Bangladesh Tests, Vitality Blast & County Championship Division 1 6 Nations Rugby, Wimbledon Tennis & US Open Tennis
2018 New Zealand v West Indies Combined, Afghanistan v Bangladesh T20s, England v Pakistan Tests, England v India T20s+ODIs, Sri Lanka v England Tests, Mzansi Super League & Bangladesh v West Indies Combined Australian Open Tennis, 6 Nations Rugby, Masters Golf, Premier League Football & French Open Tennis
2017 Premier League Football, French Open Tennis & Wimbledon Tennis
2016 South Africa v England ODIs, England v Sri Lanka Tests, County Championship Division 2 & Australia v New Zealand ODIs Australian Open Tennis, 6 Nations Rugby, Masters Golf, Premier League Football, Players Golf, US PGA Golf & US Open Tennis
2015 Indian Premier League, The Ashes & England v Australia ODIs Masters Golf, Premier League Football & US PGA Golf
2014 Australia v England ODIs 6 Nations Rugby, Premier League Football, Players Golf, Wimbledon Tennis, Open Golf & US Open Tennis
2013 Players Golf, Premier League Football, French Open Tennis, Open Golf & US PGA Golf
2012 New Zealand v Zimbabwe ODIs, Sri Lanka v England Tests Betting & WI vs NZ ODIs US Open Golf & Open Golf
2011 India v England ODIs & Bangladesh v Pakistan Combined Wimbledon Tennis
ianp1970

Team(s) Supported: England
Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby SaintPowelly » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:19 pm

When is the auction ??
Bang-NZ ODI prediction guru
India vs Oz ODI fantasy league 2013
SA-WI Tests fantasy league 2015
Sheffield Shield fantasy league 2014-2015
SaintPowelly

Team(s) Supported: Hampshire Cricket, Southampton Football

Postby ianp1970 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Player Lottery

Okay here comes the info on exactly how the player lottery will work. Health warning: this may be the most confusing part!

The only impact you will have on the player lottery is the amount of money you have going into it and the number of players you need to draw. Everything else is luck.

Players will be allocated from the lottery from highest value player downwards. Approximately £800,000 will be added to your budget at the end of the auction. The exact figure will depend on how people overbid in the initial auction.

The lottery will automatically select the team with the highest budget-left-per-player-needed-to-draw. I’ll explain this in a 4 way scenario.

Team A buys Marcus Trescothick for £500,000
Team B buys 7 players for £500,000
Team C buys 6 players for £500,000
Team D buys 7 players for £480,000

So assuming it is exactly £800,000 that will be added post auction, everyone’s budget-left-per-player-needed-to-draw would be:

Team A £800,000 / 19 players = £42,105
Team B £800,000 / 13 players = £61,538
Team C £800,000 / 14 players = £57,143
Team D £820,000 / 13 players = £63,077

Therefore Team D will get the first automatic pick from the players not bought in the auction. Let’s say he draws a player worth £80,000, his new budget left per player needed to draw will be:

Team D £740,000 / 12 players = £61,666

So he will get the next pick again. Let’s say it is another £80,000 player:

Team D £660,000 / 11 players = £60,000

Now the eagled eyed amongst you will have seen that Team B now move up in the order and get the next pick.

This method will then ensue until everyone has a full team. Everyone should end up with teams of an even value at the end of this process.

You might notice buy bidding £500,000 for one player Team A is going to wait ages for his first lottery pick, whereas Team D who saved most money in the auction is going to build a team with quite a bit of depth, but may not get all the players he wants.

So it is quite complicated, but the important thing to remember is the less you spend on more players, the better off you are come the lottery.
Sports broadcasting media nut miscast as a hard-working family man. Or should that be the other way around?

2019 New Zealand v Bangladesh Tests, Vitality Blast & County Championship Division 1 6 Nations Rugby, Wimbledon Tennis & US Open Tennis
2018 New Zealand v West Indies Combined, Afghanistan v Bangladesh T20s, England v Pakistan Tests, England v India T20s+ODIs, Sri Lanka v England Tests, Mzansi Super League & Bangladesh v West Indies Combined Australian Open Tennis, 6 Nations Rugby, Masters Golf, Premier League Football & French Open Tennis
2016 South Africa v England ODIs, England v Sri Lanka Tests, County Championship Division 2 & Australia v New Zealand ODIs Australian Open Tennis, 6 Nations Rugby, Masters Golf, Premier League Football, Players Golf, US PGA Golf & US Open Tennis
2015 Indian Premier League, The Ashes & England v Australia ODIs Masters Golf, Premier League Football & US PGA Golf
2014 Australia v England ODIs 6 Nations Rugby, Premier League Football, Players Golf, Wimbledon Tennis, Open Golf & US Open Tennis
2013 Players Golf, Premier League Football, French Open Tennis, Open Golf & US PGA Golf
2012 New Zealand v Zimbabwe ODIs, Sri Lanka v England Tests Betting & WI vs NZ ODIs US Open Golf & Open Golf
ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby ianp1970 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:43 pm

SaintPowelly wrote:When is the auction ??

The auction deadlines will be confirmed at a later date, but will be something along the lines of:

Round 1 - 8pm Tuesday 2nd April
Round 2 - 8pm Wednesday 3rd April
Round 3 - 8pm Thursday 4th April
Round 4 - 8pm Friday 5th April

ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby Chris de Burgh » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Do we PM you our bids?
Climb the pipe to the train or you'll go insane, wut wut.
Chris de Burgh

Team(s) Supported: Northants, New Zealand, Holland
Northampton Town, Arsenal, Gamba Osaka, Malta, Sliema Wanderers, Bray Wanderers, Japan

Postby Red Devil » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Chris de Burgh wrote:Do we PM you our bids?

I guess we can't because Ian is also managing a team so will be bidding. If we send our bids to Ian then that is insider information.
FL Titles
2008 Ban v NZ ODIs India v Aus Tests India v Eng ODIs
2009 NZ v WI Tests NZ v India ODIs SA v Aust ODIs Aus v WI Tests '08/09 Premier League Football
2010 SA v Eng Tests County Championship Div 1 County Championship Div 2 India v NZ Tests SL v WI Tests
2011 CMS Cricinfo World Cup County Championship Div 2
2012 Pak v Eng Tests SL v Ind ODIs County Championship Div 2 Champs League T20
2013 Ind v Aus Tests NZ v Eng T20/ODI NZ v Eng Tests County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 NZ v WI Tests '13/14 Aus v Eng Tests
2014 NZ v Ind ODIs CMS Cricinfo T20 World Cup County Fantasy Manager County Championship Div 1 Aus MB One Day Cup SL v Eng ODIs
2015 CMS Cricinfo ODI World Cup Eng v NZ combined Natwest T20
2016 Big Bash T20 Sheffield Shield Kia Womens T20 Natwest T20 Blast County Fantasy Manager WI v Pak T20/ODI combined Rio Olympics
2017 Womens Big Bash T20 Womens ODI World Cup Eng v WI Tests County Championship Div 1 Eng v WI ODIs Aus JLT One Day Cup Ind v SL Tests NZ v WI Tests Ind v SL T20s
2018 Aus v Eng ODIs Womens Big Bash T20 Trans Tasman T20s Sheffield Shield Pak v WI T20s NZ v Eng Tests Eng v Aus ODIs Royal London County One Day WI v Ban Test/ODI Combined Women's Super League T20 Natwest T20 Blast Caribbean Premier League T20 County Championship Div 1 Women's T20 World Cup '17/18 Premier League Fantasy Football
2019 NZ v SL Test/ODI Combined WI v Eng Tests Big Bash T20 NZ v Ban Tests ICC World Cup Single Wicket Women's Big Bash T20 All Year Fant Comp
2020 Big Bash T20 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI Bob Willis Trophy Natwest T20 Blast Aus v Ind ODI/T20 Combined
2021 Ind v Eng ODIs
Red Junior's Titles
2016 Eng v Pak ODIs (aged 6)
2017 Eng v SA Tests Ind v NZ ODIs
2018 Aus JLT One Day Cup
2019 NZ v Eng T20s Aus Marsh One Day Cup
2020 (Joint) SL v WI T20/ODI IPL T20
Red Twins Titles
2021 Aus v Ind Tests (aged 7) Ind v Eng T20s
Red Devil

Team(s) Supported: India, Manchester United

Postby Chris de Burgh » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Red Devil wrote:

I guess we can't because Ian is also managing a team so will be bidding. If we send our bids to Ian then that is insider information.

I don't mind putting my bids on the public forum, I was wondering if it was going to be through PM or to be posted though.

Oh and if I have to post them on the forum my bids will come with a health warning after (aka If you outbid me your life is in danger :lol: )
Chris de Burgh

Northampton Town, Arsenal, Gamba Osaka, Malta, Sliema Wanderers, Bray Wanderers, Japan

Postby ianp1970 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Chris de Burgh wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

I don't mind putting my bids on the public forum, I was wondering if it was going to be through PM or to be posted though.

Oh and if I have to post them on the forum my bids will come with a health warning after (aka If you outbid me your life is in danger :lol: )

PM'd bids should be fine.

There are couple of safeguards to any insider trading:

1. I think PMs are left in the sender's outbox until they are read. If this is the case, I could send a PM to all team managers titled "Auction round X" to which replies could be sent at any time. As the deadline passes I could post my personal bids on the forum prior to reading all of the replies.

2. If my PM understanding is incorrect I would have to issue a start time for the auction, prior to which I would send my bids to a third party.

ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby ianp1970 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Player Transfers

As there are likely to be players allocated to teams that managers do not want to keep, there will be a weekly window for releasing unwanted players and bidding for unallocated players. This will be a blind auction like round 4 of the the initial auction. If 2 managers bid the same amount for a player, then the bid will be won by the team lower in the table.

Players to be released by 8pm Friday and bids placed by 8pm Sunday. Squads must be kept to a minimum of 18 players, so managers can release up to 2 of their original 20 players. Any player that a manager wants to release on a Friday cannot be playing in a Matchweek eleven on that day.

ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby Chris de Burgh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 pm

When does the auction start?
Chris de Burgh

Postby ntini77 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:08 pm

This is four day only, right?

I only ask as some of the players listed are only going to be playing T20.
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious *modded*."

2009 The Ashes Prediction League Guru
NZ-Pak Tests prediction guru
2010 NZ-Aust Combined Prediction league guru
2011-2012 Premiership final placings guru
2013 SA-Pak ODIs prediction guru
2013 Masters golf prediction guru
2014 WI-NZ Tests fantasy guru
ntini77

Team(s) Supported: West Indies, Barbados, Kent, Man City

Postby ianp1970 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Chris de Burgh wrote:When does the auction start?

The auction deadlines will be confirmed at a later date, but will be something along the lines of:

Round 1 - 8pm Tuesday 2nd April
Round 2 - 8pm Wednesday 3rd April
Round 3 - 8pm Thursday 4th April
Round 4 - 8pm Friday 5th April

ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby Chris de Burgh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Can we bid below the valuations of players or do are the valuations the base bid we have to submit.
Chris de Burgh

Postby ianp1970 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

ntini77 wrote:This is four day only, right?

I only ask as some of the players listed are only going to be playing T20.

I must admit that I "borrowed" the valuations from another site, which is probably running their competition over the 3 formats, rather than just the 4-day matches in this league.

I have had a look through the lists I posted, as well as the county squads qouted on Cricinfo:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/content/squad?object=585678

although this differs from their ins-and-outs list:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/content/story/581772.html

a confusing picture :dunno

These players look to be correct on my list:

Smith, GC Surrey
Sarwan, RR Leicestershire
Ponting, RT Surrey
Petersen, AN Somerset
Rogers, CJL Middlesex
Chanderpaul, S Derbyshire
Nash, BP Kent
North, MJ Glamorgan
Magoffin, SJ Sussex
Katich, SM Lancashire
Bailey, GJ Hampshire
Quiney, RJ Essex
Burns, JA Leicestershire
Rehman, Abdur Somerset
Williamson, KS Gloucestershire
Cowan, EJM Nottinghamshire

These players are listed but do not appear to be playing:

Morkel, JA Somerset
Prince, AG Lancashire
Philander, VD Somerset
Khawaja, UT Derbyshire
McKenzie, ND Hampshire
Henriques, MC Glamorgan
Marsh, SE Glamorgan

Voges, AC Nottinghamshire is listed but is scheduled to be playing T20 only.

When it comes to running the player lottery I will not allocate any of these players:

Morkel, JA Somerset
Prince, AG Lancashire
Philander, VD Somerset
Khawaja, UT Derbyshire
McKenzie, ND Hampshire
Henriques, MC Glamorgan
Marsh, SE Glamorgan
Voges, AC Nottinghamshire

ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

Postby ianp1970 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Chris de Burgh wrote:Can we bid below the valuations of players or do are the valuations the base bid we have to submit.

Valuations are the base bids.

ianp1970

Warwickshire
Rugby
Market Deeping

PreviousNext

Return to The Games Room